News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

So what do you think about the Panther, Berk?

Slargos

I just watched 2 Löwe drivers sit idle camping our flag the entire fucking match, only to venture out after everyone else was dead. There they stumbled onto a 70% panther II and a 30% 3001(P).

Both Löwe were 100%.

Guess which pair comes out of the engagement virtually unscathed? :bleeding:

I reserve my hatred of the Löwe drivers for these occasions.  <_<

DGuller

3001(P) is actually quite nice after upgrades.  It's just not a tank designed for battles.

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on August 11, 2011, 05:45:17 PM
3001(P) is actually quite nice after upgrades.  It's just not a tank designed for battles.

It's not a bad tank. It shouldn't be able to kill Löwes however. And certainly not so while heavily damaged itself. ONE fucking shot would've killed it.

But I don't think they got one hit in between the two of them.

Edit: I don't dispute that I have rage issues, but seeing that kind of thing provokes mutilation fantasies in me. I could easily see myself making a list of players and going house to house, Jay & Silent Bob style, but instead of punching them in the nose beating them to death with their own dismembered limbs.

Berkut

But those Lowes probably made 50k net each anyway.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Slargos on August 11, 2011, 05:18:38 PM

Well, other than it's great speed, nice armor, excellent gun, and very decent maneuverability there isn't much to recommend it.

edit: Just had a match in my P2 where I soloed a Lowe. Hit him twice from long range, he ran behind a rock, I rushed him at 52 kmh, then just circled around him. He hit me once when I went in for the last shot.

0 rows returned

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on August 11, 2011, 07:54:33 PM
Quote from: Slargos on August 11, 2011, 05:18:38 PM

Well, other than it's great speed, nice armor, excellent gun, and very decent maneuverability there isn't much to recommend it.

edit: Just had a match in my P2 where I soloed a Lowe. Hit him twice from long range, he ran behind a rock, I rushed him at 52 kmh, then just circled around him. He hit me once when I went in for the last shot.

Well that's the point.

Tank like a Löwe you can't really outshoot in a stationary position since his gun is almost as accurate as yours but does far more damage. The Panther needs to play to its strengths when facing a Löwe (or any tier 8 heavy or TD, really) and once you adapt to the movement-is-cover playstyle it's a lot of fun, I find.

Incidentally, the battle I described where the Löwes got fucked up was won by two Panther II who scored 5 and 6 respectively. I just hope it won't get nerfed as a result of the recent string of awesomeness.

DGuller

I have to agree with Berkut from a couple of pages ago.  The American 76 mm gun does have its advantages.  As long as you're not shooting at a target that bounces your shots, that high rate of fire coupled with moderate damage can be very useful.

DGuller

Berkut and I tried out playing in a platoon for a couple of games.  I have to say that it works great, even without any internal platoon communication.  Just the fact that we kept following each other was a great help.  I think we played 5 games, and in most of them we drove the action and gotten a number of kills.

Berkut

Yeah, that was fun.

One game we each had 4 kills in our IS's. That was awesome.

0 rows returned

Slargos

Driving a German Tank.

Slargos

http://game.worldoftanks.eu/news/general_news/tanks-hit-1st-anniversary

Now I'm actually considering stocking up on some Gold ammo.  :hmm:

QuoteSave up to 58% on all premium shells!

Although this is pretty fucking treacherous. :bleeding:

Slargos

Typical. Usually the lol-cap victories where half the enemy team is still alive and kicking are pretty rare. They're pretty irritating since they are absolute murder on the XP collection rate, but since they are so rare it doesn't really matter in the long run.

Enter the 5*XP promotion, and out of 8 tanks, 3 of the victories end up being either total overruns which means I don't have enough targets to score enough damage to get more than 500-800xp before the multiplier since they're all, you know, dead. OR they result in blitz-capture victories where there's simply not enough TIME to take out enough to gain any real results.

Best result so far was 1300 * 5 with the rest being in the 700 range, but yesterday I was getting 1400-1600 victories as a matter of routine.

Bitch, bitch, bitch. I guess I should focus on the up-side more.  :D

DGuller

Yeah, I know what you're talking about.  I took my Tiger out just to get that 5x promotion, and got a Top Gun in my first day's battle, netting 8,820 XP.  Is that what you were complaining about?  :)

DGuller

BTW, equipment is on sale now.  I stocked up on the optics and telescopes myself.