And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Holy shit!

Himmelsdorf, Tiers 7-9, 4 arty.

Our T-54 starts by directing arty to stay put for the first minute and dashes away to spot their flag. 4 shot barrage lands in their spawn while they're still tightly grouped and the T-54 proceeds to hold the trainyard until me and a few other Tier 8/9 rush up behind him. We manage to utterly demolish their right flank, and the match ends up 13-0, with one suicide and a surviving enemy arty since the flag is captured in about 15 seconds after we more or less ALL reach it.  :D

Importance of directing fire properly and seizing positional advantage shown with utter devastation. Came at them from every direction possible. What a slaughter.

Feels good to be on the winning side of such a fight for once.

Berkut

I am looking forward to being able to make 2 man platoons even.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

FunkMonk

Quote from: Slargos on August 09, 2011, 02:15:28 AM
That's about it.

I'm currently grinding it aswell, but I'm going the lazy route of ninja-scouting during the first minute or so hoping for as many spots as possible for a victory. Rince repeat 3-4 times and I catch the daily double at some point.

It's a quick mother fucker, but it turns far too slowly to really work as a scout IMO.

Remember that there's no point in scouting if there are already targets painted. The SPGs will be plenty busy with what they can see.

Okay, that's what I thought too. I'm almost at the T-34 now anyway, so the days of hiding in a tin can for half the match will be over soon. It's still been very fun though. I liked the idea that one shot could easily blow me away ten times over and it's made me very careful in how I approach the game.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

DGuller

Does anyone else lose connection to Internet completely while playing WoT?  It seems to happen to me from time to time, although not nearly as often as in the past.  Basically, I would lose connection while playing WoT, and then the whole computer would lose connection as well.  I would have to sleep the computer, and wake it, in order to get the connection back.

Berkut

Nope, never had that problem DG. And I context switch out of WoT all the time. Hell, of any online game I've played, I've never seen one as tolerant as WoT.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Those mods, btw, are really nice.

The crosshair is decent, certainly an improvement, but the replacement icons are larger, clearer, and really help situational awareness a LOT.

0 rows returned

DGuller

I really hate it when mods like that are allowed.  Ultimately games are zero-sum, but having these kinds of mods be legal requires you to dig around and install all sorts of gizmos just to stay on the level playing field.  Why shouldn't installing the game be enough for that?

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on August 09, 2011, 11:06:58 PM
I really hate it when mods like that are allowed.  Ultimately games are zero-sum, but having these kinds of mods be legal requires you to dig around and install all sorts of gizmos just to stay on the level playing field.  Why shouldn't installing the game be enough for that?

I tend to agree, but since there is no way to stop it, what can you do?

What would be nice is if WoT took a page from WoW and started co-opting the best of the mods straight into the game as UI options.

0 rows returned

Syt

That's one of the things that made me never really come back into WoW when I quit playing it - figuring out which mods were legal/useful/necessary to have an optimal playing experience.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on August 09, 2011, 10:34:42 PM
Those mods, btw, are really nice.

The crosshair is decent, certainly an improvement, but the replacement icons are larger, clearer, and really help situational awareness a LOT.

I find them very distracting but it may be a question of getting used to it.

DGuller

I just wandered into "Game Rules Enforcement" forum on WoT site, and there are many clans with Nazi or SS themed names getting closed, and their members getting suspended.  Something I though you should be aware of, Slargos. :unsure:

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on August 10, 2011, 08:22:23 AM
I just wandered into "Game Rules Enforcement" forum on WoT site, and there are many clans with Nazi or SS themed names getting closed, and their members getting suspended.  Something I though you should be aware of, Slargos. :unsure:

:lol:

I'm not that stupid.  :P

I even censor myself when posting on the forums.  :hmm:

Slargos

What the furry fuck.  :lol:

Soviet tech tree wasn't updated so all the stress and Free XP I used to get KV and KV-3 was entirely wasted!  :frusty:

DGuller

Wasn't it kinda obvious that Soviet tree wouldn't be updated?  :huh: I thought I even read something to that effect, but even if not, the patch notes mentioned nothing about Soviet tanks.

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on August 10, 2011, 09:32:21 AM
Wasn't it kinda obvious that Soviet tree wouldn't be updated?  :huh: I thought I even read something to that effect, but even if not, the patch notes mentioned nothing about Soviet tanks.

In retrospect, you're right.

I just assumed the list they made about tech tree updates would be in this patch.

I only have myself to blame.