News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

That derp gun on the Wolverine is mighty, especially in close quarters.  I one shot a T-28 point blank with it.  I was impressed, though the teammate in that T-28 wasn't.

Syt

That next Russian SPG is . . . not so much fun. You have the same shitty gun as on the T2, but are in battles with higher tiers. And the guns you can research don't become much better. Did I mention you need the vickers suspension (or whatever it's called) to put any additional upgrade (faster loading/aiming or camo net) on it? The only upside is its speed.

:bleeding:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on July 31, 2011, 12:11:10 PM
That derp gun on the Wolverine is mighty, especially in close quarters.  I one shot a T-28 point blank with it.  I was impressed, though the teammate in that T-28 wasn't.

:lol:

Stop. Killing. Your. Teammates.

DGuller

The teammates should stop positioning themselves in front of my gun.  I appreciate the cover, but you should cover my hull, not my boomstick.

Berkut

I do not think I've ever actually killed a teammate. Shot a couple by accident sure, but I don't think I've managed to kill one.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on July 31, 2011, 12:31:29 PM
I do not think I've ever actually killed a teammate. Shot a couple by accident sure, but I don't think I've managed to kill one.
Just keep trying, you'll succeed eventually.  Worked for me.

Slargos

To my immediate recollection, I have one accidental kill, and one deliberate. I'd estimate that I accidentally hit a teammate maybe once every 100 games or so. Maybe less.

You're doing something wrong, DG.  ;)

DGuller

What I'm doing is shooting from the back a lot.  That increases the risk of other tanks getting into my line of fire, and me not having enough time to react.  It's also exacerbated by my frequent use of auto-aim, which sometimes makes you too eager to press the fire button as soon as you finish loading, without properly confirming that you're still clear to shoot.

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on July 31, 2011, 01:07:18 PM
What I'm doing is shooting from the back a lot.  That increases the risk of other tanks getting into my line of fire, and me not having enough time to react.  It's also exacerbated by my frequent use of auto-aim, which sometimes makes you too eager to press the fire button as soon as you finish loading, without properly confirming that you're still clear to shoot.

Jesus.

Fucking.

Christ.

frunk

I've never killed a teammate but I've frequently nicked them, usually when we're behind and I'm not getting any clean shots at enemies that aren't next to my allies.  Believe me, I wish artillery was that much more accurate.

Slargos

And again.

Killed 7, did most of the damage on 4 more. I very nearly raped the entire enemy team on my lonesome.

What do they do with this?

They get fucked by an 8% Tiger II and a 60% T-34.

The T29 just stands there, in the open, and bounces 3 shots against the Tiger before he's finally taken out.

Do you figure he had time to switch to HE, Berkut?

DGuller

Quote from: Slargos on July 31, 2011, 01:15:18 PM
Quote from: DGuller on July 31, 2011, 01:07:18 PM

Jesus.

Fucking.

Christ.
Nothing wrong with using auto-aim if you're shooting at a tank that's not a challenge to damage.  It can save you valuable fractions of a second of having to aim manually.  Of course, if I'm up against a heavy, then taking careful aim and being picky about what part of him I want to hit is important.

Slargos

There's exactly one situation where I'll use autoaim, and it's when I'm soloing an arty run with the Panther or 3002 and there's simply no time to aim.

It's a wildly irresponsible tactic.

DGuller

How is that an irresponsible tactic?  There is no point in going for a careful shot when a shot at the center of mass will do.

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on July 31, 2011, 04:03:32 PM
How is that an irresponsible tactic?  There is no point in going for a careful shot when a shot at the center of mass will do.

Because you can't lead, you can't shoot at partially concealed targets, and when shooting at the front of the tank you run a vastly increased risk of bouncing.

If you're still playing mostly against tier 1-4 tanks I guess I can see why you'd insist on using autoaim but otherwise? Good GRIEF.  :wacko: