News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on July 30, 2011, 04:46:58 PM
I am pretty sure I pointed out why I would not select my NEXT shot as HE either - how would I know the OTHER tank was near death, since I am almost certainly not looking at it?

Funny that you are pretending to teach me, when your original claim was that the IS should just sit there and RE-load HE for 6 seconds rather than fire AP. If you press the "other" ammo button once, it switches the next reload shot, but if you hit it twice, it will actually switch immediately - of course that means you re-start your reload timer. So you are of course completely wrong - pressing the ammo button will not effect your next shot at all, unless you hit it twice.

Under that situation, you probably really want to just fire your currently loaded AP round. This is probably in the wiki somewhere if you want to learn how this stuff works, although I figured it out on my own, since it is pretty obvious...to most people.

:lol:

You only want to fire your AP round IF you don't have time to reload before engaging. In a scenario with 6 vs 2, you should await support before engaging, and while you wait there's plenty of time to reload IF necessary.

In this particular engagement, the IS managed to ding at least twice that I could see. He had plenty of time to choose a better tactic. Nevermind his buddies.

Granted, they could've been cocky knowing that they outnumbered them so greatly.

If you care to LOOK you will find out their health level when the first friendly gets fucked. If you can't point at them you just press ALT and their health is displayed as a bar. These guys either didn't, or they didn't understand the implications.

The only scenario in which firing the AP immediately is the best choice is if you're in the open with no available cover. Ensk has a lot of cover.

Your turn.

Berkut

I cannot compete with you simply creating new variables in your "scenario" to suit your desperate attempt to hide your lack of understanding of the game mechanics until I explain them to you. Now all of a sudden they have all this time to examine the situation, decide on their tactics, carefully evaluate their enemies, blahblahblah. And of course now the IS is firing multiple shots that for some reason cannot penetrate a Tiger, even with his 122mm gun? Sure. It could happen. Of course, last time you said if the IS did not kill the Tiger with the next shot, the IS was dead...so how did it hit the Tiger several times? I thought the IS was almost dead as well?

You claimed that the situation was "Kill now or die on the next shot". Now it is "There are a couple near dead tanks over there that are not shooting at you, and you have all the time in the world to decide what to do". So which is it?

Or will there be a new made up scenario if you go and read another wiki section before your next post?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

I've just seen a whole new level of cowardice.  It's an Abbey map, and our team is down to the last KV, who is almost dead.  There are three enemies, all near the base.  The KV is on the hill in the middle, so he can be shooting down on the enemies on our base.  He'll probably be dead before getting all three, but what's he got to lose, the last 6% of his hitpoints? 

What does he do?  He literally drives into a corner and hides out while the enemy is capping.  He actually confirmed that it's exactly what he was doing, to save himself credits and XP (?).  :lmfao: What a coward, and a moron.

Slargos

:lol:

Nevermind, Berkut. Never fucking mind.

DGuller

Jesus, I started the day with 7 defeats in a row. :bleeding:  The day got only marginally better from there on.

DGuller

Finally.  I was really in a zone, and was responsible for half of my team's kills.  We still lost 2:15, though.  :(

DGuller

WTF do you need to shoot to hurt a T95, atomic bomb?

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on July 31, 2011, 02:21:15 AM

:hmm:

Since I am just making shit up, I'm afraid I can't help you there.

Slargos

But more to the point, it actually has a few weak spots in the front. I typically try to avoid being infront of its gun, however.  :P

katmai

Quote from: Slargos on July 31, 2011, 02:34:48 AM

The first step towards recovery is to admit you have a problem.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Slargos

Quote from: katmai on July 31, 2011, 02:59:38 AM

Do you have any other nuggets of wisdom from your AA meetings you'd like to share?  :lol:

Syt

I've started playing the Russian T2 SPG for shits and giggles. It's really kind of fun to take potshots at the enemies with it, though I don't see myself levelling it all the way through. Good way to reduce frustration, though. And it got me the first enemy curse hurled at me (for killing a guy who thought he'd hide cleverly behind a house . . . not my fault he decided to stand still for me to hit him THREE TIMES. :lol:

A battles in steppes ddin't go too well. On my team it was me (A-20), another light tank, two mediums and a TD vs. one lonely KV-1 down to 48% in the end. So the other light and I run for the enemy base, hoping to spot the KV-1. And sure we do, and it comes after us. So our team mates only have to swoop in for the kill.

They stay in base.

We reach the enemy base. Maybe we can take it before the KV-1 lumbers towards us.

Our team mates stay in base.

We're at 98% base capture when the KV-1 comes close to us.

So we try to run for our lives and goad the KV back to our base. He gets a lucky hit on the other light, killing it.

I lose sight of the KV-1. I peek around a hill and stare into a gun barrel so big I can park my A-20 in it. I die.

Our team mates start to move. They actually manage to approach the KV-1 from three different sides. So all they have to do is swarm it and take it out, right?

They're scared shitless, though, and get killed one by one by the KV-1 and we actually manage to lose this one.

:frusty:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Quote from: Slargos on July 31, 2011, 03:09:06 AM
Quote from: katmai on July 31, 2011, 02:59:38 AM

Do you have any other nuggets of wisdom from your AA meetings you'd like to share?  :lol:
I can quit any time i want, i don't need no AA.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DGuller

Quote from: Slargos on July 31, 2011, 02:37:27 AM
But more to the point, it actually has a few weak spots in the front. I typically try to avoid being infront of its gun, however.  :P
It definitely has none on the sides.  I was in my Tiger, being off in the bush to the side, and saw that T95 advancing straight on down through the killing field, s-l-o-w-l-y.  My thought was "Thank you for exposing your sides straight at me, I'll take that delicious XP for shooting you, yum yum."  Half a dozen shots later, my left hand was scratching my head, and the right hand was switching to HE.  Eventually I saw a 4502, and figured him to be an easier target, which he was.

Syt

I confess I like watching the battles through the end when I'm dead. For one, I might learn something from watching how the other playrs do things. Also, it lets me calm down if I died in an especially stupid way. I find I don't perform too well, when I start a new battle while still annoyed.

Also, just got Fadin's Medal with my SU-18. :lol:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.