radio
engine

still to go.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on July 26, 2011, 11:30:46 AM

I upgraded them anyway in the end, because I'm OCD, and my goal in the game is to elite out the whole tree.

So how is that S-51 research coming along? :P

0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on July 26, 2011, 11:42:51 AM
Quote from: DGuller on July 26, 2011, 11:30:46 AM

I upgraded them anyway in the end, because I'm OCD, and my goal in the game is to elite out the whole tree.

So how is that S-51 research coming along? :P
I don't see any arty on any of my trees. :whistle:

Berkut

Damn you DG, now I am all stressed out about all those light tanks without the elite logo on them. Stupid new tank slot just for this, and using up all this free XP. DAMN YOU SIR!

0 rows returned

Syt

I graduated to the Soviet A-20. I also put that Howitzer on the American M2MT - now, that's fun. :lol:

Just had a fun game on the Mountain Pass map with the BT-7 (the one that put me over the edge for th A-20). I like to hide under the bridge. You spot whatever comes from the other side - if your arty is up to it it's a turkey shoot. Other side lost 4 tanks there, spotted by me. The felt it necessary to come after me with 2 TDs. Fortunately, there was backup from my team, because before I saw them they killed my tracks and I might have died then and there.

I then went on to scout the nemy base - unfortunately, an arty was waiting behind the corner for just that occasion.  <_<

Still, 560 XP with the BT-7 without doing any damage myself. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

Nice Syt! I really think they've done a nice job with the light scouts and making them relevant.

0 rows returned

frunk

Good spotters are worth their weight in gold.  My worst games have always been when everybody turtles and the other team picks everybody off at leisure, or they leave a huge gaping whole in the line while rushing to one side of the map.  In both cases there's important sections of the map with nobody watching it.

Stonewall

I have joined the ranks of the Wallet Warriors.  The Lowe is great fun, even though I'm constantly losing matches.
"I'd just like to say that most of us begin life suckling on a breast. If we're lucky we end life suckling on a breast. So anybody who's against breasts is against life itself."

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on July 26, 2011, 12:45:19 PM
Damn you DG, now I am all stressed out about all those light tanks without the elite logo on them.

What does this mean in layman's terms?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

Quote from: Habbaku on July 26, 2011, 08:15:53 PM
Quote from: Berkut on July 26, 2011, 12:45:19 PM
Damn you DG, now I am all stressed out about all those light tanks without the elite logo on them.

What does this mean in layman's terms?
Elite means that you researched everything you could for the tank.  It's rarely necessary to research everything for the tank, you can just beeline the research for the next tank in the tree and skip the side branches.  Usually that's not a good idea, and it will slow down your progress in the long term.

Slargos

Himmelsdorf.

Making good progress. 9>7. Most of the enemy heavies are part of the knocked out tanks. I'm brawling with the second to last close to the enemy flag.

Our flag is being captured by 2 enemy tanks. They have maybe 10 cap points when I realize what's going on and look down at the minimap.

"No sweat" thinks I. We have 2 tanks at their flag, and there's at least 3 tanks near our flag to defend it while they have none to defend theirs. So I continue making the Tiger driver's day sour.

I pick off the Tiger, but the opposing team has now reached 50 cap points.

"WTF?" I idly wonder as I start racing back.

And then I notice it.

Out of the tanks near our flag, one turned to defend it and got killed, the others started rushing forwards to join the capture effort.

:frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

Slargos

I decided to start going down the Soviet Medium and Heavy trees (yes, yes, I know  :Embarrass: ) and cheated my way past to the T-28 figuring I would shoot for the KV and the free tank.

I can't justify getting the KV for free XP so I intend to pick up as much XP for the T-28 as possible before the patch.

Now, the problem is, the T-28 is a horrible, horrible tank.

How the fuck did you guys get through it?

DGuller

I actually don't remember the T-28 phase, although statistics show that I did play it.  I don't know whether it's because T-28 is one of those tanks you just skip through relatively quickly, or because the memory is so painful it is blocked out.

Stonewall

Quote from: Slargos on July 27, 2011, 08:15:20 AM
I decided to start going down the Soviet Medium and Heavy trees (yes, yes, I know  :Embarrass: ) and cheated my way past to the T-28 figuring I would shoot for the KV and the free tank.

I can't justify getting the KV for free XP so I intend to pick up as much XP for the T-28 as possible before the patch.

Now, the problem is, the T-28 is a horrible, horrible tank.

How the fuck did you guys get through it?

The 57mm gun was an absolute game changer.  I tried everything in my power to grind the KV without spending xp on the gun upgrade.  Was having an awful time.  I got the 57mm gun and the remainder of the tier was a breeze.    Not only will you use it on the T-28, you'll use it on the T-34 as well.  It has an excellent ROF and good penetration, even if its lackluster on the damage.  Use it like a TD.  Paper armor means fire once or twice and then use your speed to get out of dodge. 

Spend the xp to get the 2nd upgraded version.  Or just skip it with free xp.  I used a load of free xp to skip most the A-20.  I HATE scouting.
"I'd just like to say that most of us begin life suckling on a breast. If we're lucky we end life suckling on a breast. So anybody who's against breasts is against life itself."

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on July 27, 2011, 08:19:38 AM
I actually don't remember the T-28 phase, although statistics show that I did play it.  I don't know whether it's because T-28 is one of those tanks you just skip through relatively quickly, or because the memory is so painful it is blocked out.

You can skip through it without much in the way of upgrades.

It feels like a paper box full of cement, strapped to a catapult firing clumps of clay.