News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

What consumables do you guys typically use, if any?

I generally keep a fire extinguisher and repair kit on each active vehicle. I don't always use them though, only when it seems like a critical situation (track destroyed, need to get moving now).

I also use camo nets on my TDs. Thinking about buying a single binocular, since that is de-mountable and able to be moved around.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on July 14, 2011, 11:15:45 AM

I generally keep a fire extinguisher and repair kit on each active vehicle. I don't always use them though, only when it seems like a critical situation (track destroyed, need to get moving now).

I also use camo nets on my TDs. Thinking about buying a single binocular, since that is de-mountable and able to be moved around.
I don't use any consumables, they seem to be way too expensive for one time use, unless I'm missing something.  I do use plenty of permanent equipment, though.  Any heavy duty tank will have all three slots filled.  I have a rammer on every tank, as well as some combination of gun-laying drive, binocular telescope, camo net, and ventilation.

Berkut

Wow, I was almost thinking the opposite - the equipment seems crazy expensive, especially the permanent stuff. All three slots would effectively double the cost of the vehicle!

Bust 3,000 to get a track back up, or put out of a fire? Seems cheap.

0 rows returned

DGuller

It is a big investment, but it's a one-time investment, and you can move it from tank to tank as you progress. 

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on July 14, 2011, 12:13:04 PM
It is a big investment, but it's a one-time investment, and you can move it from tank to tank as you progress. 

Most of them you cannot. Like rammers, gun laying drives, etc.

0 rows returned

Slargos

I keep one of each kind on every tank, save for the Tier 1-3.

I typically use repair if I get my engine or gun hit or destroyed, or if I'm in the open and get tracked. Saved me a lot of times. Since you don't pay unless you use them, there's no cost in equipping them. If you need them they usually pay for themselves. Just don't use them if you're almost dead, unless your survival and another few shots is the difference between victory or defeat.

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on July 14, 2011, 12:25:00 PM

Using gold is the equivalence of paying 4000credits to dismount them. Not a huge cost, but a great benefit.

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on July 14, 2011, 12:25:00 PM

Sure you can, for 10 gold.  You can't move them around constantly like you can move a binocular telescope, but you can move them.

DGuller

Quote from: Slargos on July 14, 2011, 12:49:59 PM

I typically use repair if I get my engine or gun hit or destroyed, or if I'm in the open and get tracked. Saved me a lot of times. Since you don't pay unless you use them, there's no cost in equipping them. If you need them they usually pay for themselves. Just don't use them if you're almost dead, unless your survival and another few shots is the difference between victory or defeat.
Interesting, I guess I should give that a try.  I do hate it when some asshole hits my boomstick, because generally after that you can't hit the broad side of a barn even after it's working again.

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on July 14, 2011, 01:04:12 PM
Quote from: Slargos on July 14, 2011, 12:49:59 PM

Interesting, I guess I should give that a try.  I do hate it when some asshole hits my boomstick, because generally after that you can't hit the broad side of a barn even after it's working again.

Depends on what kind of hardware you're packing, but a hit in the ammo will just about double your reload time, and a hit on the gun will make it wildly inaccurate. It's enough that you get 2-3 hits in to make up for the 3000 credits though, I should think, with most guns. Perhaps even just one. Definitely worth it.

Stonewall

I can finally decide on my Pz III to go for the 50/L60 or get the 75/L24.  If I go the 75mm route, HE rounds are what I should be using, right up close and personal?  Or am I misunderstanding the tank?
"I'd just like to say that most of us begin life suckling on a breast. If we're lucky we end life suckling on a breast. So anybody who's against breasts is against life itself."

DGuller

I've come across a new way to TK someone.  Some asshole on my team intentional pinned me up against a cliff.  It was obviously done intentionally, but TK system doesn't recognize it as hostile act.  It seems like the intention was for me to start shooting at him, so that he could shoot me back with no reprisal.  What an asshole thing to do.

DGuller

Argh, I came that close to getting my Top Gun with the 3601, before my teammate stole the kill that I crippled.  I have now seen the light regarding 88, and have switched to it for good.

DGuller

Quote from: DGuller on July 14, 2011, 09:32:48 PM
I've come across a new way to TK someone.  Some asshole on my team intentional pinned me up against a cliff.  It was obviously done intentionally, but TK system doesn't recognize it as hostile act.  It seems like the intention was for me to start shooting at him, so that he could shoot me back with no reprisal.  What an asshole thing to do.
I reported the asshole, and was replied to very quickly.  Unfortunately, I did not take a screenshot, so my report could not be considered.  So, here is a tip:  if you run across a blocking asshole, screenshot him and then report him.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son