News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World of Tanks

Started by Threviel, June 13, 2011, 06:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Slargos on July 06, 2011, 07:13:06 PM
The KV was a huge frustration until I got the Tier 6 tanks and TDs. Up until then it felt like an extremely unreasonable vehicle.

That doesn't make any sense.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Woo-hoo, the old voices are back, at least on the American server version.  I don't want to sound like a homophobe, but that new voice was just horrific.

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on July 06, 2011, 08:46:27 PM
Quote from: Slargos on July 06, 2011, 07:13:06 PM
The KV was a huge frustration until I got the Tier 6 tanks and TDs. Up until then it felt like an extremely unreasonable vehicle.

That doesn't make any sense.

I died to it. Often. And plenty.

See KV.

Get dead.

They aren't as scary now, but when I first started playing they were these implacable behemoths who could not be penetrated with any gun in my arsenal. No choice but to run or die.

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on July 06, 2011, 09:06:49 PM
Woo-hoo, the old voices are back, at least on the American server version.  I don't want to sound like a homophobe, but that new voice was just horrific.

Yeah, took me about 1 game to decide I wanted them back, and 5 games to confirm I wasn't just being bitchy about change. You can switch out the voices yourself aswell.

Berkut

OK, the KV with the 152mm gun is just plain fun.

I turned a corner in behind an M36. 152mm gun from about 10 feet away in the rear turret? Yeah, that didn't work out so great for him.

My medium is up to the VK3001. A decidedly mediocre tank until I finally got the 75L70 into it. Now it is just kind of mediocre. Working on the 88L56, which may make it moderately mediocre.

My TD is up to a StuggIII. Does not dominate nearly as much as the Hetzer did, since now it has to go up against a bunch of stuff it cannot touch, but can one shot it with ease.

The match making system really does suck. It creates matches fast, which is good, but it is a rare match than I look at and think "Hey, these are all pretty competetive...". Mostly it is chum against sharks.

And anyone who is using a Lowe is a giant pussy.

0 rows returned

Stonewall

Is this friendly for noobs?  In other words, is my brand new non-upgraded started tank going to be fighting against IS-III's? 
"I'd just like to say that most of us begin life suckling on a breast. If we're lucky we end life suckling on a breast. So anybody who's against breasts is against life itself."

Berkut

Quote from: Stonewall on July 08, 2011, 02:02:54 PM
Is this friendly for noobs?  In other words, is my brand new non-upgraded started tank going to be fighting against IS-III's? 

No, it won't. There are ten "tiers" of tanks in increasing quality.

Your Tier 1 starting tank will only fight against Tiers 1-3 or so.

0 rows returned

Stonewall

Quote from: Berkut on July 08, 2011, 02:07:51 PM
Quote from: Stonewall on July 08, 2011, 02:02:54 PM

No, it won't. There are ten "tiers" of tanks in increasing quality.

Your Tier 1 starting tank will only fight against Tiers 1-3 or so.

Excellent.  Downloading...
"I'd just like to say that most of us begin life suckling on a breast. If we're lucky we end life suckling on a breast. So anybody who's against breasts is against life itself."

Berkut

It is a lot of fun. The frsutrating part is not so much T1 against T3 (since there will be lots of other T1s about, and even the T3s can be taken out if you aren't stupid), it is the T4 against T7 or T8 that you run into a lot. The differences can become pretty extreme, with vanilla T5s basically being useless against higher tiers.

0 rows returned

Slargos

The Löwe is a fantastic money making machine.

A loss typically nets me between 15-20k after repairs and restock, while a victory can net anywhere up to around 80k.

It's also good practice for Heavies, even if your game suffers a lot initially since the methods you use as a heavy differs so massively from the lights and mediums.

Slargos

I am at a cross-roads.

I have more or less simultaneously researched the Ferdinand, and the King Tiger. The cost of tanks is getting so huge now, however, that I can't get both. I'll have to get one and then possibly begin the great grind towards the other, but it's also going to mean I can't keep upgrading my other tanks.

Should I get the KT or the Ferdi?  :hmm:

Berkut

You are dead to me Loweby.

0 rows returned

katmai

So since i can't blow up Slargos, can i still kill the Wildkut?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

In theory you can, but in reality it is very unlikely.

0 rows returned

katmai

Quote from: Berkut on July 08, 2011, 05:38:15 PM
In theory you can, but in reality it is very unlikely.

:shifty:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son