News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pawlenty Google Test

Started by The Minsky Moment, June 08, 2011, 01:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Neil

Quote from: Caliga on June 08, 2011, 02:16:18 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 08, 2011, 02:02:06 PM
I have been in favor of just hiring a mercenary army for years.  Particularly if each company has a cool name.  We could hire the Black Falcons to conquer Iran for us.
I think I'd rather go with the Eridani Light Horse for that mission.  If they're not available, then the Kell Hounds.
Munch.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on June 08, 2011, 02:34:20 PM
And by the way, those union bastards at Canada Post have gone on strike.  They have one of the world's sadest picketlines across the street from my office right now.
Yeah.  The degree to which everyone is unimpressed by their strike is sort of humourous.  Even the left is busting on them.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on June 08, 2011, 03:49:32 PM
I have been in favor of just hiring a mercenary army for years.  Particularly if each company has a cool name.  We could hire the Black Falcons to conquer Iran for us.
I think I'd rather go with the Eridani Light Horse for that mission.  If they're not available, then the Kell Hounds.
If you want it done right you hire Wolfe's Dragoons. :nerd:
MUNCH.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on June 08, 2011, 04:57:28 PM
MUNCH.

I don't get it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on June 08, 2011, 05:19:17 PM
MUNCH.
I don't get it.
It's an unofficial BattleTech term.  Something that is considered overpowered or 'cheap' is called 'munch'.  Wolf's Dragoons are, along with the Clans, considered to be the high point of munchiness.

Caliga

What about McCarran's Armored Cavalry?  Are they munch or is it cool for them to conquer Iran? :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Liao. Why don't you just surrender before the game starts?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on June 08, 2011, 03:54:53 PM
Aw, Valmy deleted his nerd post. :(

I thought we had done enough Battletech :P

But anyway I said Black Falcons not

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

Jade Falcons are a bunch of fags.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on June 08, 2011, 05:28:09 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 08, 2011, 05:19:17 PM
MUNCH.
I don't get it.
It's an unofficial BattleTech term.  Something that is considered overpowered or 'cheap' is called 'munch'.  Wolf's Dragoons are, along with the Clans, considered to be the high point of munchiness.

Ah.  No disagreement here.

And Valmy - there can never be enough Battletech.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 08, 2011, 05:50:30 PM
I couldn't remember any other mercs. :Embarrass:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on June 08, 2011, 06:08:02 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 08, 2011, 05:50:30 PM
I couldn't remember any other mercs. :Embarrass:

Sadly, I can.  :Embarrass:

Ed Anger

Neil

Quote from: Caliga on June 08, 2011, 05:48:49 PM
What about McCarran's Armored Cavalry?  Are they munch or is it cool for them to conquer Iran? :hmm:
Big Mac is OK.  They're Liao, so it's like they're handicapped right there.