Main Menu

Tonight I am going to tell my wife

Started by Siege, June 06, 2011, 01:43:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Malthus on June 15, 2011, 09:36:47 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 15, 2011, 01:05:45 AM
Quote from: Siege on June 14, 2011, 08:31:48 PM
But if you want to make a diference on the battlefield, there is only one job for you.

Infantry win battles, support personnel win wars. ;)

Amateurs discuss tactics; dilettantes, strategy; but professionals talk about logistics.  ;)

The logistics of how to supply fuel and firebombs for our air forces, perhaps.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 15, 2011, 10:06:42 AM
Cooks are the most important part of the military.

My Great Grandfather was an army cook during WWI.  Didn't stop him from fighting (or getting shot).
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Siege

Quote from: Razgovory on June 15, 2011, 08:41:43 PM

My Great Grandfather was an army cook during WWI.  Didn't stop him from fighting (or getting shot).

I know cooks with CABs (Combat Action Badge)
They got shot at while traveling in some convoy.
Appearenly they shot back.
One of them even got a Purple Heart, when got wounded by shrapnell from a mortar round that hit the mess hall in FOB Falcon, Baghdad.
They were very proud of their exploits.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Ed Anger

I see they are ditching the black beret.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 16, 2011, 07:53:31 PM

In ACUs, will still be used for the service uniform (or if the local commander has a beret fetish).

Razgovory

Thank God.  That was hideous.  The older cap was much better.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on June 16, 2011, 07:41:57 PM

One of them even got a Purple Heart, when got wounded by shrapnell from a mortar round that hit the mess hall in FOB Falcon, Baghdad.

Don't know how they were organized in 1918, but I think was a higher percentage of men thrown into the fight.  Tactics were a bit different then, and the US wasn't on the cutting edge of tactics at the time.  I think they tended to still throw waves of men at the enemy.

KRonn

Good. Seems over all that soldiers are happy about this. I never liked the idea of a beret as the cap for all/most personnel.

Siege

Quote from: Razgovory on June 16, 2011, 09:36:15 PM
Quote from: Siege on June 16, 2011, 07:41:57 PM

Don't know how they were organized in 1918, but I think was a higher percentage of men thrown into the fight.  Tactics were a bit different then, and the US wasn't on the cutting edge of tactics at the time.  I think they tended to still throw waves of men at the enemy.

Those waves of men consumed tons and tons of food, water and fuel on a daily basis, at the end of a very long supply line.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"