And we're back!

Main Menu

A question for the Jews

Started by Slargos, June 05, 2011, 02:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2011, 10:44:15 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 05, 2011, 10:40:06 PM
It would have had to have been, since Hebrew was written in the Aramaic alphabet during the period that the earlier books were written.

But the Hebrew Alphabet pretty much is the Aramaic alphabet is it not?
They're closely related, but the sounds change over the centuries.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on June 05, 2011, 04:36:01 PM
Jesus, Slargos, your schtick is so so tired.

No kidding.  And he's not even German.  That's the sad part.  He's like the Neil of Naziism.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadImmortalMan

The Infidel was a good movie.  :)
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Slargos

Quote from: Legbiter on June 05, 2011, 07:50:21 PM
Slargos, a word of advice from Tropic Thunder: Never go full retard.  :)

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/bce7b31cef/tropic-thunder-film-clip-nobody-goes-full-retard-from-ilike2party

:lol:

Come on. I was curious, and it's a perfectly valid question. I don't hang around with a lot of jews.

Solmyr

Quote from: Josephus on June 05, 2011, 09:15:51 PM
Quote from: DGuller on June 05, 2011, 04:59:50 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 05, 2011, 04:55:37 PM
Speaking of which, another question for the Jews:

We know you can't say "Jehovah" (or some other spelling equivalent) but can you quote a post with "Jehovah" in it? What about posting in a thread with "Jehovah" in the title?
What's wrong with Jehovah?  :huh:

I only said "this meal was good enough for Jehovah!"

I'm warning you, if you say Jehovah one more time...

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 05, 2011, 11:32:26 PM

No kidding.  And he's not even German.  That's the sad part.  He's like the Neil of Naziism.
:pinch:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Slargos

Quote from: grumbler on June 06, 2011, 05:18:07 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 05, 2011, 11:32:26 PM

:pinch:

It's pretty funny. Seedy I can see, because he's just being his flippant self, but you I don't get.

But I guess you're more of a racist than you care to admit.

Eddie Teach

Some of Grumbler's best friends are German.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

In my last job my secretary got mad at me because I used to say "Goddamn it" alot and she was like "Stop taking the Lord's name in vain!"  I tried to explain to her that the name of God is not 'God' no more than my name is 'Boss', and that his real name was thought to be something similar to 'Yahweh' or 'Ialdabaoth' but because people were afraid to utter it nobody knows for sure what it is now.  For some reason that just made her more upset. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Viking

Quote from: Caliga on June 06, 2011, 07:06:37 AM
In my last job my secretary got mad at me because I used to say "Goddamn it" alot and she was like "Stop taking the Lord's name in vain!"  I tried to explain to her that the name of God is not 'God' no more than my name is 'Boss', and that his real name was thought to be something similar to 'Yahweh' or 'Ialdabaoth' but because people were afraid to utter it nobody knows for sure what it is now.  For some reason that just made her more upset. :hmm:

Start using arabic (Inshallah, hamdilullah etc.), see if that makes her less upset. I routinely swear in icelandic and japanese on the simple grounds that nobody understands me, but everybody knows what my meaning is. (note, much of my japanese swearing is stuff I made up in japanese since the conservative yokels I lived with when I was there refused to teach me any naughty words, I later learned the proper swearing, but by that time I was used to calling assholes "orifice in the rear" and dicks "male reproductive organ".
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

viper37

Quote from: Siege on June 05, 2011, 04:32:07 PM
It is a mitzvah to not mention the names of any false gods.
So you couldn't say "Jupiter's cock" every 3 words if things were going bad?  How sad :(
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on June 06, 2011, 07:06:37 AM

You should have told her you were really saying g_ddamn it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Viking on June 06, 2011, 07:10:56 AM
Start using arabic (Inshallah, hamdilullah etc.), see if that makes her less upset.
It's irrelevant now since I no longer work there (and neither does she, I just learned last week).  This was like 3 years ago.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

In answer of your question - I often swear "Jesus goddam K-rrist!" and the like when (say) I hit my thumb with a hammer.

Just cultural osmosis - if I was living in your part of the world a thousand years ago, no doubt I'd yell "Odin's Spear!" or whatever.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius