News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

A question for the Jews

Started by Slargos, June 05, 2011, 02:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Do you people often swear by Jesus?

I mean, I know you are satanists and all, so let's just get that out of the way. No judgement. If you wish to worship a false god it's up to you. HOWEVER:

I was watching Mad Men and this pair of jewish women were discussing an outrageously scandalous subject, and one exclaims "Jesus!"

Of course, it's a common exclamation which perhaps has lost some of its blasphemous powers, but it would seem odd from the mouth of a jew, even a nominally secular one [hah, secular jew, hah].

Clarification?

Viking

I just watched "The Infidel" with Alexy Sayle, his muslim character continually uses "jesus!" and "christ!" when he gets cutt off in traffic.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Your cabinet Nazi thing is getting stale Slargos.  Maybe it's edgy in Scandi-weenia, but it's kinda dull here.  Maybe you should add something to it, like drug abuse or incest.

In other words,

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This bores Mighty Caesar
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Siege

Quote from: Slargos on June 05, 2011, 02:28:35 PM

I mean, I know you are satanists and all, so let's just get that out of the way. No judgement. If you wish to worship a false god it's up to you. HOWEVER:

I was watching Mad Men and this pair of jewish women were discussing an outrageously scandalous subject, and one exclaims "Jesus!"

Of course, it's a common exclamation which perhaps has lost some of its blasphemous powers, but it would seem odd from the mouth of a jew, even a nominally secular one [hah, secular jew, hah].

Clarification?

I do not swear, other than saying "fuck".
It is a mitzvah to not mention the names of any false gods.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

DGuller

Jesus, Slargos, your schtick is so so tired.

mongers

Quote from: Viking on June 05, 2011, 02:31:37 PM
I just watched "The Infidel" with Alexy Sayle, his muslim character continually uses "jesus!" and "christ!" when he gets cutt off in traffic.

He wasn't in it, the lead character was played by Omid Djalili, who iirc be from an exiled family of Zorastrian Iranians, as opposed to Alexie's Jewish Marxist background.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

HVC

Quote from: Siege on June 05, 2011, 04:32:07 PM

Clarification?

What if the false god is a somewhat recognised prophet or good person or whatever the jews view jesus as?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on June 05, 2011, 04:36:01 PM

Are you jewish?  :huh:

Slargos

Clarification?

I would ask what mitzvah means, but I guess I can google it quicker.

What about your friends and relatives? Do you ever catch them swearing by Jesus?

Edit: I see now. So you're not allowed to talk about mythology other than your own, in effect?

Martinus

I don't know about Slargos, but I gotta agree about Jesus. Each year, every Good Friday he dies and ever Easter he is resurrected. I mean, hello? Like maybe it was a surprise the first 200 years, but not anymore.  :rolleyes:

HVC

Quote from: Martinus on June 05, 2011, 04:47:55 PM

I don't know about Slargos, but I gotta agree about Jesus. Each year, every Good Friday he dies and ever Easter he is resurrected. I mean, hello? Like maybe it was a surprise the first 200 years, but not anymore.  :rolleyes:
Don't forget about every sunday when little chunks of his body are reanimated and then ritually consumed. That's gotta be painful.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Martinus

Is this why you can't say Jehovah?

Martinus

Quote from: HVC on June 05, 2011, 04:50:06 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 05, 2011, 04:47:55 PM

Don't forget about every sunday when little chunks of his body are reanimated and then ritually consumed. That's gotta be painful.

That's why there is a "no teeth" rule.

Now, consider what other activities also follow the "no teeth" rule. Think about it.

HVC

OMG i've spent most of my youth swallowing jesus' dong!

Martinus

Speaking of which, another question for the Jews:

We know you can't say "Jehovah" (or some other spelling equivalent) but can you quote a post with "Jehovah" in it? What about posting in a thread with "Jehovah" in the title?