Global War On Drugs 'Has Failed' Say Former Leaders

Started by jamesww, June 02, 2011, 06:04:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 10, 2012, 11:49:15 AM
I figured the meth demand curve would follow the path taken by crack, since both suffer from a scarcity of repeat customers.

I thought it already had.  It kind of came out of nowhere (in Alberta) around 2005 but then it actually stopped its advance, because word had gotten out about how bad that stuff was for you.

Mind you I deal with plenty of crack users all the time.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on February 10, 2012, 04:37:02 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 10, 2012, 04:26:52 PM
Quote from: Barrister on February 10, 2012, 04:23:37 PM

Mind you I deal with plenty of crack users all the time.

And who's fault is that?

:unsure:

I don't follow.

I don't deal with crack users all the time.  I don't deal with them at all.  I don't think you should be Dealing, dude.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

LaCroix

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 10, 2012, 11:49:15 AM
I figured the meth demand curve would follow the path taken by crack, since both suffer from a scarcity of repeat customers.

useless anecdotes: girl i had relations with recently's mother is addicted to it, and has friends who are too. and an ex-coworker told me she was into it for about a half-year a few years ago. among the white trash (and other ethnic trash?) in the upper midwest, it's still around. 2/3 (of trash variety) that i know decently well have been on it or known people who were on it. the third did a lot of ecstasy and obviously more than a reasonable amount of weed, but i don't know the addictions of her family/friends

Capetan Mihali

Crack is still around in ample supply.  I don't think crack consumption rates have changed much since the mid-90s.  I'm sure meth is much the same.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Capetan Mihali

One thing that surprised me in Knoxville is that meth was pretty minor within Knox County.  Only in the real boondocks was meth popular.  In Knoxville, there was a little crack, but mostly just pills, pills, pills.  The quintessential crime was stealing your grandmother's jewelry to pawn for cash to buy little blue Roxicodones and Xanax bars.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Razgovory

That's what I've been hearing.  Legal prescription pills are the big thing these days.  There is still more then enough Meth Labs around though.  In fact, one Meth lab is more then enough.