News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Politicians shouldn't tweet

Started by garbon, May 31, 2011, 12:26:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

He can't resign. Politics are all this guy has done since college. If he walks away now he won't be able to get back in.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Sheilbh

The wisest thing David Cameron ever said 'too many tweets make a twat.'

Possibly the only wise thing he's ever said.
Let's bomb Russia!

jamesww

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 11, 2011, 04:21:49 AM
Don't most politicians have staffers tweet for them rather than tweet themselves.

:yes:

I don't believe it was actually Vince Cable himself who was following my tweets during last years general election.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Martinus on June 11, 2011, 02:20:03 AM
Slow news day? This is somewhat embarrassing but he didn't even tweet his naked junk, just boxers.

Turns out he's tweeted his junk to several women in the last few months and some of them were sans boxers.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 11, 2011, 09:32:26 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 11, 2011, 02:20:03 AM
Slow news day? This is somewhat embarrassing but he didn't even tweet his naked junk, just boxers.

Turns out he's tweeted his junk to several women in the last few months and some of them were sans boxers.

Although Marti was right from the position that this likely would have remained minor news if he hadn't handled the press so poorly.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Wow, this guy is sleazy.  Let's elect him President. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

garbon

As far as candidate George Lepp, Time just finally caught wind of the story. :rolleyes:

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on June 16, 2011, 12:16:31 PM
And Weiner is out according to Pelosi.
Ewww, put that thing back in.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on June 16, 2011, 12:34:30 PM
Ewww, put that thing back in.

It didn't look particularly awful or anything.

Caliga

CountDeMoney

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_weiner_twitter_photos

Shame.

He did nothing illegal.  The Dems just lost one of the few prizefighters in the House willing to take the fight to the GOP and the Teabaggers.

This will come back to haunt them.  Big mistake.

MadImmortalMan

Makes the NY redistricting decisions easier.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on June 16, 2011, 01:13:37 PM
Is he well-hung? :)
It seems one of my kindred spirits attended his resignation press conference. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeM_6DHHg4U
"Are you more than seven inches?  ARE YOU MORE THAN SEVEN INCHES!?"
"Are you fully erect?  THE PEOPLE DEMAND TO KNOW!"