Game of Thrones fans, who would you follow

Started by Zoupa, May 30, 2011, 05:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

As a freerider at the outset of the War, who would you pledge your sword to?

Joffrey Baratheon
2 (7.1%)
Stannis Baratheon
3 (10.7%)
Renly Baratheon
4 (14.3%)
Robb Stark
7 (25%)
Balon Greyjoy
1 (3.6%)
Daenerys Targaryen
8 (28.6%)
Mance Rayder
3 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Viking

Quote from: The Larch on May 30, 2011, 06:54:50 PM
Quote from: Viking on May 30, 2011, 06:44:53 PM
Mance Rayder, I'm not much for bending any knee to any lordling, plus I suspect he might be Rhaegar in disguise.

You're getting dangerously into increasingly bizarre theories, you know.

I know, but it is just fun. I keep my conspiracy theories strictly to fiction, that is where they belong.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Maximus

Joffrey and Stannis couldn't rule if their lives depended on it. Danaeris and Greyjoy are overseas, hard to ride to their service, you know. Mance Rayder is a joke.

That leaves Robb and Renly. It would come down to where I lived, probably.

Habbaku

Quote from: Barrister on May 30, 2011, 05:28:52 PM
I must support Jon Snow and the Night Watch.

So an abstention, then.   :rolleyes:

Voted Stannis, as he is the rightful heir.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Actually, what are our motives, here?  Are we only supposed to be worried about money or lands?  Because if that's the case, obviously Joffrey or Renly are the best bet.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Not sure I've seen Stannis.  Is he the guy who protected the beautiful homoknight after the joust with the horse killer?

Zoupa

Quote from: Habbaku on May 30, 2011, 07:10:37 PM
Actually, what are our motives, here?  Are we only supposed to be worried about money or lands?  Because if that's the case, obviously Joffrey or Renly are the best bet.

Hmmm, I put freerider instead of sellsword, so let's say honour and glory and all that stuff.

Faeelin

I'm not sure why Stannis is considered a bad ruler, other than he doesn't throw parties.

Who does the watery tart with the scimitar support?

viper37

Quote from: Zoupa on May 30, 2011, 05:13:59 PM
Just curious  :)

I'm torn between Stannis and Renly.
Jofrrey is a Lannister and the Lannisters are plotting as if they were in Dallas.
Stannis his apparently a younger image of his late brother. Inept king.
The gay dude is, well, gay, so no chance of founding a dynasty here.  Besides, he's power hungry.
Robb Stark would make a good ruler, but no one would respect him anymore than they did his father, and he's not as ruthless as the old Baratheon could have been.  No.
Balon Greyjoy is the father of the other Greyjoy, the one whom people here said was a traitor.  So, no.  Unfit to rule.
Don't know the Rayder guy, so no.

Wich leaves us with Daenarys.  She seems to be the only one sane enough to rule a country, so far.  She will eventually command dragons, they told us so many times and the eggs glow near the candles.  Besides, she's very pretty.  A pretty non mad-plotting queen is what Westeros needs.
Also, being away from Westheros, I suspect she'll be one of the few left alive by the end of the series :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 30, 2011, 07:17:22 PM
Not sure I've seen Stannis.  Is he the guy who protected the beautiful homoknight after the joust with the horse killer?
I don't think we have seen him yet.  He is the late king younger brother (the eldest of his younger brothers).  He is away from King's Landing since Stark sent him a message.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

grumbler

Quote from: Faeelin on May 30, 2011, 07:25:24 PM
I'm not sure why Stannis is considered a bad ruler, other than he doesn't throw parties.

Who does the watery tart with the scimitar support?
Wasn't the one lobbing the scimitar a moistened bint?  :unsure:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Camerus

The Martells.  I still love Oberyn.   :wub:

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Habbaku

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 30, 2011, 07:17:22 PM

No, he hasn't been introduced in the TV series aside from several comments made about him (and Ned's supporting him as the rightful king).

Stannis is very much a law and order type of guy and not what one would deem charismatic...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Sophie Scholl

The Starks of those listed, though the Night Watch would probably be my top choice.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."