News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WTF is wrong with Germany?!

Started by Tamas, May 30, 2011, 03:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Closing all nuclear plants by 2022? Just how much forests and megatons of coal do they plan to burn to compensate for that?

Fuckin' dark greens and their luddite, self-destroying ignorant attitudes. I can't believe this is happening.

The Brain

Germans take perverse pleasure in making complete fools of themselves.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

They are also strongly lobbying Poland not to open its planned nuclear plant near the German border.  :sleep:

Duque de Bragança

Well, there's always the French nuclear power plants (Elsass-Mosel anyone?). Fessenheim won't close anytime soon now (Germans and Swiss wanted it to close).
More likely, more and more Russian Gas (spasiba Schröder).

Martinus

Btw, is anyone outside of Poland talking about the shale gas resources we allegedly have in Poland?

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on May 30, 2011, 03:02:38 AMFuckin' dark greens and their luddite, self-destroying ignorant attitudes. I can't believe this is happening.

You're aware that the ones pulling the plug are the conservatives and liberals, right?  :P

Tonitrus

2022 is still far enough away for it not to actually happen.

After all, aren't we supposed to have humans on Mars by then as well?

Tamas

Quote from: The Larch on May 30, 2011, 03:16:15 AM
Quote from: Tamas on May 30, 2011, 03:02:38 AMFuckin' dark greens and their luddite, self-destroying ignorant attitudes. I can't believe this is happening.

You're aware that the ones pulling the plug are the conservatives and liberals, right?  :P

yes, but it was fuckin' green propaganda that got them here.

Zoupa

Quote from: Martinus on May 30, 2011, 03:13:34 AM
Btw, is anyone outside of Poland talking about the shale gas resources we allegedly have in Poland?

They're finding that shit all over the place. If you wanna talk damage to your environment, shale gas is the way.

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on May 30, 2011, 03:27:29 AM

Yeah, yeah, right, propaganda. Any way you want to slice it, the fact is that there's widespread public rejection to nuclear power, enough for it to be damaging for politicians to support it. It's really no wonder that they get to this situation.

Martinus

Not really. It has nothing to do with environment, and a lot with people freaking out after Fukushima.

Agelastus

Quote from: Martinus on May 30, 2011, 03:46:04 AM

Not really. It has nothing to do with environment, and a lot with people freaking out after Fukushima.

It must have been news to the Germans that they were in a major earthquake zone.

Oh, wait a second...THEY'RE NOT...

Fucking retards. I just hope my own government doesn't catch this latest "let's see how stupid we can be" virus. :glare:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Larch on May 30, 2011, 03:43:34 AM

Yeah, yeah, right, propaganda. Any way you want to slice it, the fact is that there's widespread public rejection to nuclear power, enough for it to be damaging for politicians to support it. It's really no wonder that they get to this situation.
A rejection borne of ignorance.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Quote from: Martinus on May 30, 2011, 03:46:04 AM

Maybe, but that makes the whole thing even more stupid.

When was the last time the German landscape was devastated by a level 9 earthquake and a tsunami?

Sheilbh

Haven't the Germans always had a bit more of an issue with nuclear than most Euros?  My impression is that they've had one of the earliest and strongest anti-nuclear movements for decades.
Let's bomb Russia!