Main Menu

Pride of Nations

Started by Tamas, May 27, 2011, 02:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 18, 2011, 03:55:02 PM
Quote from: Tamas on June 18, 2011, 03:51:18 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 18, 2011, 01:57:42 PM
What the fuck is the roll eyes for, mongoloid?

hold on a sec, were you actually serious with that bad-englished "delete 4 folders" stuff?

Hey, that was the instruction over at paradox for the steam version. Delete 4 folders I can't remember the names of and unzip the patch into game folder.

oh  :Embarrass:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on June 18, 2011, 04:00:16 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 18, 2011, 03:55:02 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 18, 2011, 01:57:42 PM
What the fuck is the roll eyes for, mongoloid?

hold on a sec, were you actually serious with that bad-englished "delete 4 folders" stuff?

Hey, that was the instruction over at paradox for the steam version. Delete 4 folders I can't remember the names of and unzip the patch into game folder.

oh  :Embarrass:

I can't stay mad at my favorite beet merchant. :hug:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

I looked up my notes and it was delete the Alias, events, FrontEnd and GameData folders with the first beta patch they cranked out.

The Brain

Your notes? You keep fucking notes?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Brain on June 18, 2011, 04:04:25 PM
Your notes? You keep fucking notes?

It is to remember who has been naughty and who has been nice.

grumbler

... that bad-englished "delete 4 folders" stuff?
:lol:   Pot, meet kettle.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Tamas on June 18, 2011, 01:55:15 PM
:rolleyes:

afaik, you are better off making a separate copy of the game, then patching that, because Steam will eventually flip over the files not being Kosher, and would restore the official version.

Keep in mind there are cattle in the game
So any dutch files will not be kosher in any event.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Norgy

Quote from: Tamas on June 18, 2011, 03:52:14 PM

25 seconds? With full AI time? You are a God among men.

The processor power of the i7 is at least.  :)

Caliga

:hmm:

I somehow didn't notice this thread earlier, but have been missing playing grand strategy PC games lately. :ph34r:

What's the best way to buy this?  Steam, Impulse, GamersGate, or other?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

sbr

Quote from: Caliga on June 19, 2011, 09:45:19 AM
:hmm:

I somehow didn't notice this thread earlier, but have been missing playing grand strategy PC games lately. :ph34r:

What's the best way to buy this?  Steam, Impulse, GamersGate, or other?

I wouldn't use Steam; AGEOD releases Beta patches like Paradox, and while not impossible they are a bit of a pain in the ass to deal with when using Steam.

I used GG mostly because I am more familiar with it but Impulse should be fine too.

Norgy

Nope, don't use Steam.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Drakken on June 16, 2011, 11:24:27 PM
Seems the new patch is up in the Tech Forum.

Eh...Something appears to be hosed on the forum. It says there are 56 thread in the tech forum, but when you go in, there are zero.

Edit: Do I need to register my game to see it? gay
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 19, 2011, 03:16:53 PM
Quote from: Drakken on June 16, 2011, 11:24:27 PM
Seems the new patch is up in the Tech Forum.

Eh...Something appears to be hosed on the forum. It says there are 56 thread in the tech forum, but when you go in, there are zero.

Edit: Do I need to register my game to see it? gay
Yeah, that whole "find the code and then type it in without any errors so that you can see shit that every game company whose head wasn't in their asses lets you freely access because it is good for sales as well as support"  was one of the real downsides to Paradox buying AGEOD; the only forums supporting AGEOD games now are forums you cannot see without going through more trouble than they are worth.

It's kinda too bad, too.  I was going to buy the Napoleonic game before I realized that I couldn't get any support without hassles.  Well, lotsa game companies in the sea, so the fact that there is a second company I won't buy from isn't that big a deal.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

I very much doubt Paradox gives a rat's ass about the Napoleonic game. Pocus recently made a new patch for it, and it is available without any fuss from the original AGEOD forum.