And we're back!

Main Menu

Pride of Nations

Started by Tamas, May 27, 2011, 02:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 13, 2011, 02:55:16 PM
Wait to get this after the patch?
It won't be cheaper after the patch, nor will you be younger, smarter, or better looking!  :D

So, wait if you have other stuff you'd rather play, or get it now and suffer through some glitches (none of them game-stopping, insofar as I know) while learning the system, and then playing after the patch as well as before it.

I don't think you need to wait for the patch to see if the game is worth spending $20/20 euros on.  As it stands, it's a better deal than 90% of the games you'll buy this year.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Ed Anger

I'm rather enjoying it now. Even though half the time I just read the messages then press end turn.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

You bastards - I have no shortage of games to play, but I just bought and installed this.   :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

Quote from: Barrister on June 13, 2011, 10:54:39 PM
You bastards - I have no shortage of games to play, but I just bought and installed this.   :mad:

:nelson:

I bought it several days ago and have only been able to boot it up once due to other commitments.  :blush:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

sbr

A Beta of the 1.2 patch is out now.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?542000-PON-Public-Beta-Patch-1.02

FIXES AND NOVELTIES

FIXED and major: Memory leak removed!
new: You can now cancel Buy orders from the B interface.
fixed: Display bug that masked some structures.
new: Prices recover better and more logically
new: wastage of resource reduced in effect
new: naval resupply algorithm revised entirely, plus message giving details on it.
new: national regions now benefit from a 'minimum development level', if under 10%, you get +1% every 3 months.
new: tribal get replacements for free, slowly.
new: commerce ships in MTBs get back some cohesion over time
fixed: Depot extension and coaling upgrades problem.
new: Initiator of a colonial crisis can lose his CP in the contested colony.
new: minor can be the target of crisis.
fixed: Replacement leaders now appear (note there is perhaps a bug on duplicating leaders though)
fixed: structures in construction can not be activated with the 'activate all' button
fixed: a problem with supply rights that gave the benefit of a defensive treaty.
fixed: Inflation works reliably.
fixed: Map loading improved behavior should now work even if the checkbox is not on (hopefully!)
fixed: Can now use gunboat diplomacy
fixed: DOWing a country now abort all treaties
new: National morale limited to 250. More rubberband mechanisms around morale.
new: if you lack a specific resource for an industry, the message tells you which one.
fixed: you'll get every 3 months a message about your progress on the historical missions.
new: AI time usage in case of war reduced by 10% (not to 10% )
new: Hosting time reduced between 10 and 15%, depending of the turn.
new: the harbors close to your capital can always send sea supply to harbors close to any MTB where you have ships. (Basically if you have a ship as GBR in Southern Africa Trade box, then the harbors near London can send supply to the harbors in South Africa).
new: Can't play prospectors in region where there is no hidden resources.
new: You don't prevent merchant ships to commerce even if you have combat ships in their MTB.
new: When you form up a colony, relationships with the tribal will be at least 0.
new: The resources icons on map now show the number of resources in their tooltip.
new: Before building a structure, the tooltip tells you about the theoretical input and output.
new: Unit building panel code optimized, should not slow down the game anymore.
changed: Crisis about a colony asks for an average 15 CP, not 5.

changes and fixes focused on data:

* Fixed some budget and costs of the EIC army: GBR now receives 250£ every 6 months as 'contribution' to finance the Army in India (till 1860)
* fixed some upgrade costs on units - Also added missing pictures for some units
* Fixed EvalColStatusArea script error
* Fixed natural disasters events (wrong religion alias caused crash)
*Models DB fixes (costs, tech upgrades, new pictures, new values for some elements)
* Fixed a script error that prevented the Missions annual checks to be effected and displayed.
* In addition FP of economic structures is adjusted for some missions (e.g. more cereal farms for Russia)
* New 1850 GC OOB: lots of African and Asian nations forces added on map (still WIP if volunteers want to bring corrections)
* Changed Cotton resources on map outside USA: much lower until the ACW occurs, then Cotton 'spreads' to Egypt, India and Southern Brazil in greater quantities
* Diplomatic parameters for AI added (thanks to Ehrenbourg tremendous work!)
* New events for SPA, POR, BEL and TUR added
* More Colonial and Balkan crisis events
* Allowed German unification by peaceful means to occur earlier
* Fixed wrong states borders in the USA (thanks to Aragos)
* Cherokee are friendly to USA, other Indian tribes start at peace
* Fix of abilities (CinC appliance)
* Oil, gold, gems and rubber resources fix (add population during rushes)
* Some 1850 setup fix in regions (control, trade, resources)

Ed Anger

Quoteixed: Replacement leaders now appear (note there is perhaps a bug on duplicating leaders though)

I was wondering if there was a problem there. lolz

Quote* Cherokee are friendly to USA, other Indian tribes start at peace

lolz

Barrister

Quote from: Habbaku on June 13, 2011, 11:28:10 PM

I bought it several days ago and have only been able to boot it up once due to other commitments.  :blush:

And I was reminded why I shouldn't buy enw games.  BY the time I sat down at the computer with everythign installed it was after 10.  I load up PoN, take a look at the zillion little buttons on the screen that I have no idea what to do with, take a look at an online tutorial that confuses me, realize I only have an hour to play anyways, so I quit and play an enjoyable hour of EU3 because at least I can jump right into the action.

Ed Anger

QuoteIt is necessary you restart a new game, discarding older saves. While you install this fix, don't hesitate to delete entirely the Saves folder (you can do that more slowly in game also). We will do our best to stay save-compatible from now on, rest assured.

lol, I should have read the entire post.

szmik

Quote from: Habbaku on June 13, 2011, 11:28:10 PM

I got WitE at the same time, tough decision which one to play.  :cry:

Wite seems easier to grasp, but is much more time consuming.
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Drakken

So, what's the take on the new Beta patch?

More enjoyable, or more meh?

sbr

I've played a few turns with it so far.  I haven't gone far enough to say much but I do like some of the additions, specifically:

new: You can now cancel Buy orders from the B interface.
fixed: Replacement leaders now appear (note there is perhaps a bug on duplicating leaders though)
new: if you lack a specific resource for an industry, the message tells you which one.
fixed: you'll get every 3 months a message about your progress on the historical missions.
new: The resources icons on map now show the number of resources in their tooltip.
new: Before building a structure, the tooltip tells you about the theoretical input and output.

Ed Anger

I'll give it a whirl tonight. Sorta bummed I have to give up the Austria game. The situation in Italy was starting to get good.

Barrister

BY the way, can you really only play as one of the eight listed countries?  IS there no way to play as a minor?

Drakken

Quote from: Barrister on June 14, 2011, 02:38:08 PM
BY the way, can you really only play as one of the eight listed countries?  IS there no way to play as a minor?

AFAIK you can use the console to play a second rate power, but they don't have much Events as of now.

There's a project on the AGEOD forum to work out Events for some of them, and AGEOD has started to include some for more important 2nd rate power, like Belgium and Spain.