News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pride of Nations

Started by Tamas, May 27, 2011, 02:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on June 09, 2011, 11:42:50 AM
You have to give it to Paradox and AGEOD for coming up with the best games up until you actually play them.

didn't know you play games which have a single player mode :P

Ed Anger

Played about 6 turns, new US game. Discovered you can build expeditionary brigades, build 4 of those 1inf,1cav ones since they are cheaper. I start using them to hammer the Sioux and Cherokee(why is the Cherokee so hostile? Jackson knocked the fight out of them until the CW). 1st brigade rolls up against the Sioux... gets smashed. LOL.

Another restart coming. Need real soldiers against the assholes I guess.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

I think you need to listen to the Rednex song Spirit Of The Hawk to understand the power of Native Americans, Ed. Maybe then you won't underestimate them.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Brain on June 09, 2011, 12:26:05 PM
I think you need to listen to the Rednex song Spirit Of The Hawk to understand the power of Native Americans, Ed. Maybe then you won't underestimate them.

I already listened to that Europe song.

Ed Anger

Alright, re-started as Austria and I think I've got a handle on the economics. Screw killing indians while I try to learn the damn game.

Protip: Prussia and Russia will buy all your spare iron and minerals. Slavs like shiny rocks!

Tamas

So are we going to PBEM this after 1.02 is out?

Ed Anger

Got another half year in as Austria. As soon a a new goods factory pops online, the game gets funner. You can start getting goods in at a decent clip to build larger military units, as a new corps takes 20 something goods. And I don't trust those wops, and Radetzky looks asleep in his picture in Venice. So another corps to shove down their dirty greasy wop asses will make me feel better.

I better get some new generals(or figure out how to get them) soon. They all look like death.

Tamas

Yeah that goods factory is absolutely crucial for Austria, because the manu. goods market can dry the fuck up, and if you tried to sneak on using imports, well, you are fooked blinking while the others industrialize, because you have a big army so you need a given amount just to maintain your posture.

Norgy

It's enjoyable so far, in the sense that I enjoy ventures into the unknown. The US is perhaps a bit too large to start out with, as I was confuzzled.

Very detailed game, and a lot of stuff to keep track of. The GUI is ok but a tad small, and turns resolve quite quickly with a i7 2600.

grumbler

Picked this up, and am enjoying it so far.  Steep learning curve and some confusion about ends versus means (prestige is affected by a lot of things I don't think were involved in national prestige, like ship and unit decommissionings) but it all seems to make sense after you play it a bit.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Kleves

How's the complexity compared to Victoria?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Norgy

Quote from: Kleves on June 11, 2011, 01:25:36 AM
How's the complexity compared to Victoria?

First impression is that Victoria is Lego while this is the Manhattan Project.
It's incredibly easy to get lost.

I still wonder how the hell I manage my merchant fleets and the tech tree.

While both have some underlying system you need to understand at some point, it looks like PoN is far superior at hiding it.

sbr

There is really no managing of the tech tree.  The only influence you can have is to spend $250 to increase the speed of one tech 5x for one turn.

Norgy

I realised that too. And it seems like a really bad investment early in the game compared to ramping up infrastructure or building either raw material sources or manufacturing plants.

szmik

Bids and offers system on world market is exactly what I wanted to see, reminds me of Imperialism games. I wonder how price is calculated though.
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.