News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Grunge: Emo-in-Flannel?

Started by Martinus, April 17, 2009, 04:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

A lot of people on this board seem to enjoy grunge, but hate emo music. Is this only because they are old? Because the music is pretty much the same, only grunge musicians wore more flannel and less eyeliner.

Discuss. -_-

katmai

Quote from: Martinus on April 17, 2009, 04:34:05 AM
A lot of people on this board seem to enjoy grunge, but hate emo music. Is this only because they are old? Because the music is pretty much the same, only grunge musicians wore more flannel and less eyeliner.

Discuss. -_-

You're a fucking moron, and have no idea about music so take your retarded ideas and listen to ABBA douchebag.

How was that?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Martinus

Well that was the reaction I was hoping for with this thread.  :lol:

Tamas

Cobain was a major emo yes. But Pearl Jam has some fucking masterpieces and even the notion of comparing them to the total suckage of emo is blasphemy.

Martinus

Anyway, to speak more seriously, isn't the punk -> grunge -> emo the way this music genre evolved?

Brazen

Quote from: Martinus on April 17, 2009, 04:44:37 AM
Anyway, to speak more seriously, isn't the punk -> grunge -> emo the way this music genre evolved?
No. Emo has its roots in Goth.

Martinus

Quote from: Brazen on April 17, 2009, 04:48:11 AM
Oh right. Then it's rock -> metal -> goth -> emo?

katmai

Not really Punk->hardcore+Pop Punk->Emo
Punk->hardcore+Metal->Grunge

katmai

Quote from: Brazen on April 17, 2009, 04:48:11 AM

Not really, the fashion has been influenced from goth a little but, but musically it's Hardcore Punk.

Brazen

Quote from: katmai on April 17, 2009, 04:52:43 AM
Not really, the fashion has been influenced from goth a little but, but musically it's Hardcore Punk.
Pfft. It's subject matter is pure Goth. All vampires and suicidal love affairs.

Tamas

Yeah but the age and mind-problem defined demographic groups who were goth in the past become emo nowadays.

katmai

Quote from: Brazen on April 17, 2009, 05:16:24 AM
Pfft. It's subject matter is pure Goth. All vampires and suicidal love affairs.

:huh:

Slargos

Fuck you, you shitlicking analrobbing assbandit. If I could, I would skullfuck you with a rusty, serrated iron reinforcement bar.

Given that I cannot, it shall have to suffice to wish a horrible death on you and yours, and a rapid end to all your wordly relationships except the ones that are causing you physical or mental anguish.

:punk: :bash: :cthulu:

Brazen

Quote from: Slargos on April 17, 2009, 05:25:26 AM
Fuck you, you shitlicking analrobbing assbandit. If I could, I would skullfuck you with a rusty, serrated iron reinforcement bar.

Given that I cannot, it shall have to suffice to wish a horrible death on you and yours, and a rapid end to all your wordly relationships except the ones that are causing you physical or mental anguish.
Yeah, lyrics like that.

The Nickname Who Was Thursday

Quote from: Martinus on April 17, 2009, 04:34:05 AM
Because the music is pretty much the same,

:lol:

I suppose they are both guitar based.
The Erstwhile Eddie Teach