Neuroscientists say brains of Apple fanatics the same as religious fanatics

Started by jimmy olsen, May 22, 2011, 06:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warspite

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Eddie Teach

All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper.All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper. All text and no space makes DGuller an unhappy camper.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Pat

If I was popular here I'd be doing something wrong. Sorry for writing posts with strange alien concepts that take more than a few words to express btw.

The Brain

I don't contribute to any discussions yet I am an immensely popular poster. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Pat

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: Pat on May 24, 2011, 04:34:14 PM
If I was popular here I'd be doing something wrong. Sorry for writing posts with strange alien concepts that take more than a few words to express btw.
More than a few words is OK.  Hell, I've seen books where so many words were used that several pages were required to fit them all. 

It's just common courtesy to break up the words in paragraphs to make it easier on the reader, just like it's common courtesy to use proper grammar or punctuation.  You don't have to do that, but then fewer people would go to the trouble of actually reading what you have to say.  I assume you want people to read what you have to say, or you wouldn't be writing it, so not having people reading your posts would be an undesirable result.

grumbler

Quote from: Pat on May 24, 2011, 01:20:47 PM
You don't understand it correctly, they mean that it makes it possible to believe in everything no matter how silly, i.e. stuff like the excesses of the '68 left.
Sounds more silly than "honest," tbh.  The '68 left?  Old news, and not particularly excessive.  The '89 Beijing left was more into excesses, and the '75 and '76 Cambodian Left is the gold standard for excesses.

But then, it is only you finding it honest.  Probably best not to bet the ranch on you being right for a change.  :P
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Pat

I'll try to think about breaking them up a bit more, splitting up in paragraphs is something that comes naturally to me when I change to another thought or concept and when I write something in one go and it's all the same thought it can easily get like that.

Quote from: grumbler on May 24, 2011, 05:59:20 PM
Quote from: Pat on May 24, 2011, 01:20:47 PM
You don't understand it correctly, they mean that it makes it possible to believe in everything no matter how silly, i.e. stuff like the excesses of the '68 left.
Sounds more silly than "honest," tbh.  The '68 left?  Old news, and not particularly excessive.  The '89 Beijing left was more into excesses, and the '75 and '76 Cambodian Left is the gold standard for excesses.

But then, it is only you finding it honest.  Probably best not to bet the ranch on you being right for a change.  :P

;)

I meant it honest, like, at least they're admitting some real and somewhat valid reasons - of course it's dishonest taken as a whole.