Gay rights protester dumps glitter on Newt Gingrich

Started by garbon, May 18, 2011, 03:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: dps on May 19, 2011, 08:27:44 PM
Incidentally, I just read a news story that the feds are investigating the possibility that the Unabomber was also the guy who put cyanide in Tylenol bottles back in 1982.
Wasn't he a hermit in Montana by 1982? :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on May 19, 2011, 09:32:11 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 19, 2011, 01:44:49 PM
As much as I'm for Mitch Daniels's proposed truce on social issues, stunts like this "agree with me or I'll dump glitter on you" one make it more difficult for me.

All the vast sympathy you had for gay activists slowly draining away :(
:lol:

I love how homophobes, racists and other people of that ilk are like that. "I wouldn't be a racist but that black guy looked at me weird yesterday, so I will hate the entire race."

My mother is like that when it comes to "mild antisemitism". She justifies it by having made a bad business deal 15 years ago with someone who she suspects may be half-Jewish. :frusty

Neil

The gays are the one at fault, wanting to be treated like normally people without acting like normal people.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on May 23, 2011, 09:45:55 AM
As much as I'm for Mitch Daniels's proposed truce on social issues, stunts like this "agree with me or I'll dump glitter on you" one make it more difficult for me.

I love how homophobes, racists and other people of that ilk are like that. "I wouldn't be a racist but that black guy looked at me weird yesterday, so I will hate the entire race."

My mother is like that when it comes to "mild antisemitism". She justifies it by having made a bad business deal 15 years ago with someone who she suspects may be half-Jewish. :frusty

It's true. It is hard to take his comments seriously as if it weren't for this reason, it'd be for another.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on May 23, 2011, 09:45:55 AM

I love how Marty is lecturing us on tolerance.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on May 23, 2011, 10:34:14 AM
I love how Marty is lecturing us on tolerance.

Well he has been consistent. He has always wanted tolerance for gays (well really just for himself but its okay if the whole class is helped) and no tolerance for anyone else. :lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

I think that actually makes Mart the norm, rather then the exception, when it comes to people agitating for tolerance. :)

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on May 23, 2011, 11:06:39 AM
I think that actually makes Mart the norm, rather then the exception, when it comes to people agitating for tolerance. :)

NORM!!!!

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Hmmm I fail to see how you benefit from tolerance yet you seem to agitate for it.

Are you: exceptional?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on May 23, 2011, 11:35:23 AM

Hmmm I fail to see how you benefit from tolerance yet you seem to agitate for it.

Isn't Caliga Jewish? He knows that after they come for the gays, it's the Jews. :P

derspiess

Quote from: Martinus on May 23, 2011, 11:37:41 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 23, 2011, 11:35:23 AM

Isn't Caliga Jewish? He knows that after they come for the gays, it's the Jews. :P

No, but he is a Unitarian in the middle of Kentucky.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Caliga

dps

Quote from: Caliga on May 23, 2011, 09:41:04 AM
Quote from: dps on May 19, 2011, 08:27:44 PM
Incidentally, I just read a news story that the feds are investigating the possibility that the Unabomber was also the guy who put cyanide in Tylenol bottles back in 1982.
Wasn't he a hermit in Montana by 1982? :hmm:

Yes, but I suppose that the FBI has some reason to belive that he left the area on occassion.

QuoteI wish I was Jewish, but I'm not, no.

So why not convert? 

Caliga

Quote from: dps on May 23, 2011, 12:33:56 PM
So why not convert?
Seems like I'd have trouble fitting in, what with the lack of belief in God. :hmm: