News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fast Train Coming

Started by Savonarola, April 16, 2009, 04:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

Hmm. About equal apparently.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Ok, at least eliminate the capital gains tax then?  That killed me this year... I barely got a rebate.  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on April 16, 2009, 08:52:24 PM
Ok, at least eliminate the capital gains tax then?  That killed me this year... I barely got a rebate.  :(

wahhh!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on April 16, 2009, 08:54:16 PM

wahhh!

:mad:

It's not my fault Warren Buffett bought Wrigley and I was forced to sell all of my stock!  :(

The $40/share profit was appreciated however.  Thanks for overpaying, Warren!  :hug:

Berkut

Quote from: Caliga on April 16, 2009, 06:35:54 PM
I will buy more things.  Companies will therefore have more money.  Companies can therefore hire more workers, who will have jobs and hence more money, and can therefore buy more things.  :)

That is crazy talk.

This will never work, because you won't spend your money on the right things. Nancy and Barney know much better than you what your money should be spent on for the betterment of us all.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

You had capital gains in 08?  How the hell did you manage that? :huh:

Admiral Yi

Doh, dumb question.  Withdrawn.

Caliga

Me = smarter than Wall Street. :smarty: