IMF Chairman Arrested for Sexual Assault by NYPD

Started by Drakken, May 14, 2011, 09:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 18, 2011, 12:27:48 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 18, 2011, 12:11:38 PM
Seems that most French believe it's some kind of conspiracy.

What's really funny is that DSK said, back in April, that he wouldn't surprise if is adversaries paid 1 millions to have a women accused him of rape in a parking lot.

Dude knew better.

It wouldn't actually be such a bad idea for him to actually pay a woman to accuse him of rape, only so that later on she admits someone hired her to do so - knowing the French, if it turns out DSK is a victim of a plot, he could very well succeed in his bid for the Presidency.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

alfred russel

Quote from: Razgovory on May 19, 2011, 04:59:58 PM
No, that would a terrible idea.

Not as bad as an unpopular president pressuring a pilot to land in unsafe conditions, knowing that if you crashed you would get a sympathy bounce in the polls.

But yes, an epically bad idea.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

Quote from: alfred russel on May 19, 2011, 05:08:10 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 19, 2011, 04:59:58 PM
No, that would a terrible idea.

Not as bad as an unpopular president pressuring a pilot to land in unsafe conditions, knowing that if you crashed you would get a sympathy bounce in the polls.

I am a bit mystified that Marty would think it's a good idea to to hire someone to accuse you of rape then reveal that fact to the public.  I know Marty isn't someone who is going to be accused of being a genius, but that's the stupidest idea I've ever heard.  Mind numbingly stupid.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Maximus

Quote from: alfred russel on May 19, 2011, 05:08:10 PM

You'd probably get a sympathy bounce out of your fellow passengers.

OttoVonBismarck

What's the over/under on him escaping home confinement and getting off scott free back to France?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on May 19, 2011, 10:30:18 PM
What's the over/under on him escaping home confinement and getting off scott free back to France?
French commandos will kill his guards and evacuate him in a stealth helicopter!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

We declare war on France to secure the honor of the Maids of America.

OttoVonBismarck

Well in all honesty he'll have one armed guard on him and video surveillance. So it basically requires one person to be lazy/susceptible to bribe etc and he could be on a helicopter and flown straight out to a boat in international waters.

grumbler

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on May 20, 2011, 06:10:43 AM
Well in all honesty he'll have one armed guard on him and video surveillance. So it basically requires one person to be lazy/susceptible to bribe etc and he could be on a helicopter and flown straight out to a boat in international waters.
That certainly would be more entertaining than the trial of a has-been accused rapist.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 19, 2011, 10:55:27 PM

At Rikers? I'd give the advantage to Rikers.

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 20, 2011, 06:43:03 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 19, 2011, 10:55:27 PM

At Rikers? I'd give the advantage to Rikers.

He's getting home confinement today apparently.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on May 20, 2011, 06:10:43 AM
He could even overpower the guard himself;  I imagine the guy with one arm wouldn't be able to provide much resistance.

Ed Anger

He could always hit the guard with one of those baguettes.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 20, 2011, 08:33:55 AM
He could always hit the guard with one of those baguettes.

Or hire Marty to tackle the guard*

*sorry if that one's been used already.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall