IMF Chairman Arrested for Sexual Assault by NYPD

Started by Drakken, May 14, 2011, 09:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zoupa

It's kind of easy to write up anything with "according to sources".

Is the NY post a decent paper or trash? Not familiar with it.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Minsky Moment

Mostly trashy but some good reporters.  A cut above the Brit tabloids or Bild.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

alfred russel

From the stories that are coming out, it sounds as though he was going through his days hitting on almost every woman he came into contact with. It sounds hard to believe.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

Quote from: Zoupa on May 25, 2011, 12:05:02 AM
It's kind of easy to write up anything with "according to sources".

Is the NY post a decent paper or trash? Not familiar with it.

Probably the worst in the US, on par with most European papers (which it openly apes).
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Zanza2

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 25, 2011, 09:48:02 AM
Mostly trashy but some good reporters.  A cut above the Brit tabloids or Bild.
That's not saying much.  ;)

DGuller

It's a tabloid owned by Rupert Murdoch.  Does much need to be said?

Gups

Didn't Murdoch load the staff with Sun hacks?

I don't think Euro tabloids are all that bad. The British ones are the market leaders in hypocrisy and trash.

Razgovory

If the New York Post had a headline that the sky was blue, I would look outside just to check.

The Minsky Moment

A few years back I was on trial in a case that involved the financial sector.  The Post covered the case along with various other papers including the qualities (NYT, WSJ).  Overall I would say the Post's coverage was the most accurate.  That is just one anecdote and obviously there are other issues with the Post editorially that would cause me not to prefer it to the qualities.  But the experience did raise the Post somewhat in my estimation.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 25, 2011, 02:25:02 PM
A few years back I was on trial in a case that involved the financial sector.  The Post covered the case along with various other papers including the qualities (NYT, WSJ).  Overall I would say the Post's coverage was the most accurate.  That is just one anecdote and obviously there are other issues with the Post editorially that would cause me not to prefer it to the qualities.  But the experience did raise the Post somewhat in my estimation.

Bernie?
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Berkut

Huh. You could not blame the woman or her family for taking a pay-off, even if it would be a travesty of justice.

A million dollars to shut up and make this go away, for a family in utter poverty? Seems like a no brainer to me...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Minsky Moment

--Joan Robinson

The Brain

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 25, 2011, 02:25:02 PM

Of course the trashy paper is more at home in the sleazy sectors.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.