Main Menu

NBA Playoffs

Started by Admiral Yi, May 14, 2011, 03:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

Yi, do most Koreans root for Yao Ming to do well?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 14, 2011, 03:25:36 PM

I doubt it.

jimmy olsen

My kids don't know him.

The Celtics have lost to the vile heat.

I long ago gave up trying to interest these guys in the NBA Yi, they're a lost cause.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

The NBA is pretty uninteresting.  All the giants of old are gone.  Bryant, James and their ilk aren't fit to hold the legacies of Jordan, Bird and Magic, or even guys like John Stockton or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Go Bulls.

It was what you said in the 90s, it's still what you say now. Go Bulls.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 14, 2011, 09:25:20 PM
My kids don't know him.

I long ago gave up trying to interest these guys in the NBA Yi, they're a lost cause.
Why would Koreans care about a Chinese basketball player?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

jimmy olsen

Quote from: katmai on May 14, 2011, 09:35:13 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 14, 2011, 09:25:20 PM
My kids don't know him.

Why would Koreans care about a Chinese basketball player?
I didn't say they should.

These guys = Languish.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on May 14, 2011, 09:32:13 PM
The NBA is pretty uninteresting.  All the giants of old are gone.  Bryant, James and their ilk aren't fit to hold the legacies of Jordan, Bird and Magic, or even guys like John Stockton or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.
That's total crap, Bryant is a 5 time champion who is one of the greatest players and villains of all time.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Nah, that chick was lying.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

szmik

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 14, 2011, 09:37:30 PM
That's total crap, Bryant is a 5 time champion who is one of the greatest players and villains of all time.
Robert Horry is 7 time champion, you know  :D
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Neil

Doesn't matter.  He doesn't elevate the game.  If championships were all that mattered, Steve Kerr and his 4 straight championships (5 total) would rank higher then Bryant anyways.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: szmik on May 14, 2011, 09:44:50 PM
Robert Horry is 7 time champion, you know  :D
That comparison is total crap, Kobe has averaged over 25 points per game in his career and ranks third and sixth on the league's all-time post-season scoring and all-time regular season scoring lists.

Totally false, Neil. His greatest flaw as a player is that he has the tendency to take over the game and do to much.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Oh Tim.  Always trying to defend some douchebag.  Bryant's not even a man, so how can he be The Man?