The Combat Mission:Battle for Normandy demo is out

Started by Ed Anger, May 12, 2011, 08:01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Over at battlefront.

Loaded it up and looked at it. It looks purty. Don't know how it plays yet. I have a slight nazi killing murder boner.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

Definitely going to have to give this a try tonight! CM was always one of my favorite games ever.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

Norgy

Ed Anger

After playing both demos, I think I like Ostfront better. And that pains me, as a longtime Combat Mission junkie.

Tamas

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 17, 2011, 02:52:28 PM
After playing both demos, I think I like Ostfront better. And that pains me, as a longtime Combat Mission junkie.

I also tried both demos, and I think you are wrong. And I am saying that despite being a thousand times more interested in the eastern front.

Ostfront just looks so unpolished compared to CM, despite the better handling of formation-orders.

I think I'll buy CM.

Ed Anger

I think you are a poophead.

To be serious...for those with time to play a lot, it is a good time to be  a kraut killing wargamer.

Tamas

I think these past few months (or year?) has been great for strategy gaming in general.

I have more money to piss away than time, so I end up buying (yes, buying, not pirating, I have become stupid like that) games than never really exploring them, because some other cool stuff comes up.

Tamas

11B4V

QuoteI have more money to piss away than time

I hear ya. I just have no time. I will probably buy both, they will sit on the self for a couple of years till I get around to them. That's what happened with CM:BB and CM:AK. Bought them and they sat for close to three years.  :Embarrass:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Watched both on youtube. Panzer Command gets ordered tonight and CM:BfN when it comes out.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Took a shot at the demo.  I see that hiding in the brush, and jumping up suddenly to shout "Panzerfaust!" is still an effective anti-tank method.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I noticed the Manuel and Wikipedia both use the same sentence.  I'm not if one copied the other or both stole from the same source.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

sbr