The Combat Mission:Battle for Normandy demo is out

Started by Ed Anger, May 12, 2011, 08:01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Habbaku on July 02, 2011, 12:39:18 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 02, 2011, 12:26:27 PM
I noticed the Manuel and Wikipedia both use the same sentence.

Si?

Article concerning the M10 TD.  Don't know which one was written first (cause I never did figure out how to see previous revisions on Wikipedia.

"It was numerically the most important U.S. tank destroyer of World War II and combined a reasonably potent anti-tank weapon with a turreted platform "  Appears in both.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

Quote from: Razgovory on July 02, 2011, 12:59:37 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on July 02, 2011, 12:39:18 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 02, 2011, 12:26:27 PM
I noticed the Manuel and Wikipedia both use the same sentence.

Si?

Article concerning the M10 TD.  Don't know which one was written first (cause I never did figure out how to see previous revisions on Wikipedia.

"It was numerically the most important U.S. tank destroyer of World War II and combined a reasonably potent anti-tank weapon with a turreted platform "  Appears in both.

Google that quote, it appears everywhere, from Youtube comments to blogs to internet forums.  I haven't seen anyone credit a source with it, they seem to pass it off as their own thought.

11B4V

This might help
M10
Grand Blanc Arsenal 11/1942 - 12/ 1943: 4,993
Ford 10/1942 - 9/ 1943: 1,038
Grand Blanc 9/1943 - 11/1943: 675

Total 6751

M18
M18: 2,5073 Manufacturer: Buick Motor Division (GMC)
Production: July 1943 - October 1944

The Encyclopedia of Weapons of World War II, Chris Bishop, 1998

Quotenumerically the most important U.S. tank destroyer of World War II
I would have to say that is a correct statement.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017