1 (1.7%)
No, but I used to be
8 (13.6%)
No, never picked up the habit
31 (52.5%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Fate

Quote from: Zeus on May 10, 2011, 09:45:54 PM
It occurs to me that smart people would not be inclined to pick up the dirty habit.

Unfortunately not. I'd bet a quarter of my medical school class smokes and the other three quarters are alcoholics.

Malthus

It occurs to me that smart people would not be inclined to pick up the dirty habit.

You are confusing smart with wise.  :D

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

Quote from: Malthus on May 11, 2011, 08:27:34 AM

That's why they are two different score.  Int and Wis.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on May 11, 2011, 08:28:37 AM
Quote from: Malthus on May 11, 2011, 08:27:34 AM

That's why they are two different score.  Int and Wis.

See, a smart person wouldn't have learned the difference from D&D, and a wise person wouldn't admit it if they did.

;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 11, 2011, 12:51:17 AM
When I'm long distance driving, at the end of pulling a double, or when out drinking I smoke.  Otherwise, not so much.  I'll go through maybe a pack a week, with days in between cigarettes.  I'll smoke a cigar every now and again when at a special event.

In the car?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

Never picked up the habit. 

Pedrito

One to two packs per week, never with my family, never while on holiday, never in the weekend;
otoh, if I go to a live concert, I'm able to smoke a pack in four hours.

Should I qualify as a regular, albeit low, smoker, or as an occasional one?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

citizen k

Quote from: Pedrito on May 11, 2011, 09:59:42 AM
One to two packs per week, never with my family, never while on holiday, never in the weekend;
otoh, if I go to a live concert, I'm able to smoke a pack in four hours.

Should I qualify as a regular, albeit low, smoker, or as an occasional one?

L.

I think one to two packs per week makes you a regular smoker.  :(

dps

When a friend has a child, and wants to do the traditional thing of smoking cigars with his friends, I'm in.  Otherwise, I've never smoked.

Arvoreen

Started in high school, continued through college and when my wife & I found out we were going to have our first kid, we both quit.....which lasted like 10 years until we had both been laid off from work and we started again.  Then we finally quit for good again about 4 years ago now.  Still miss it sometimes, but whenever I see the price of a pack ($10 here), I'm glad I quit :D

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: garbon on May 11, 2011, 08:37:22 AM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 11, 2011, 12:51:17 AM
When I'm long distance driving, at the end of pulling a double, or when out drinking I smoke.  Otherwise, not so much.  I'll go through maybe a pack a week, with days in between cigarettes.  I'll smoke a cigar every now and again when at a special event.

In the car?
Yeah.  Window down to avoid the massive reek of cigarette smoke.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Maximus

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 12, 2011, 02:22:54 PM
Yeah.  Window down to avoid the massive reek of cigarette smoke.
:lol:

Agelastus

Nope. Never been an active smoker. The idea never appealed to me.

Unfortunately, given the fact that everyone else in my family smokes/d, I can't say I've never been a passive smoker though... :(
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Ideologue

I'm smoking right now.

Every one brings me closer to the sweet release of death!  Also, smooth and refreshing.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on May 11, 2011, 07:05:37 AM
I've done the occasional bit of snus and have done the....Dutch stuff...on occasion but no, never got into fags.
The sentence sounds so filthy! :lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point