1 (1.7%)
No, but I used to be
8 (13.6%)
No, never picked up the habit
31 (52.5%)

Total Members Voted: 59

derspiess

Cigars, every chance I get, which means only 1 a week if I'm lucky :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Slargos

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 10, 2011, 11:41:59 PM
Disgustingly vile habit!  :mad:

Agreed. Absolutely appealing!  :D

Sophie Scholl

When I'm long distance driving, at the end of pulling a double, or when out drinking I smoke.  Otherwise, not so much.  I'll go through maybe a pack a week, with days in between cigarettes.  I'll smoke a cigar every now and again when at a special event.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Martinus

Never picked the habit.

Incidentally, a study just found out that apparently gay men are 1.9 times more likely to have cancer than straight men. While HPV-caused cancer of the throat and the anus is a likely contributor, I think smoking is too - for some reason gays are 20 years behind the rest when it comes to smoking.  :yucky:

Norgy

I smoke with guilty pleasure and great shame, and I've switched more or less completely to rolling my own. It's more of a hassle to smoke at times then.
I've quit, started again, quit and lived in withdrawal land several times the past few years. Some day. Some day.

As things are nowadays, the social stigma of smoking is approaching that of leprosy. Apart from the occasional hipster doofus and Cool Kids, the regular smokers are down to the outcasts and rabble.

Monoriu

Never have, never will.

MadBurgerMaker

Yeah sure.  I have a smoke of some sort every 2-3 hours or so (depends on what it is...about 2 hours between cigarettes, longer after hitting up the hookah). 

All attempts to quit have resulted in: failure.  Oh well.

Grey Fox

To be a smoker you have to buy cigs. That said I used to smoke 1 or 2 every time I got drunk. I stopped drinking, that put a stop to the smoking.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on May 11, 2011, 12:55:52 AM
Incidentally, a study just found out that apparently gay men are 1.9 times more likely to have cancer than straight men. While HPV-caused cancer of the throat and the anus is a likely contributor, I think smoking is too - for some reason gays are 20 years behind the rest when it comes to smoking.  :yucky:
Maybe gay men smoke more as a form of weight control? :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 10, 2011, 11:41:59 PM
Disgustingly vile habit!  :mad:
It's like anime, except that second-hand smoke isn't as annoying as second-hand anime.  :cool:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

C.C.R.

About 12 to 14 smokes a day.  Down a tad from the 1 1/2 to 2 packs a day I smoked some years back.  Meh.  It helps keep me from beating the wife, the kids, the boss & any other random asshole strangers that irk me.  And they taste good with coffee.  And I have a cup of coffee right here in front of me.  And its a beautiful morning out.  "Come on, Stanley.  We're going outside for a smoke."

<goes outside for a smoke>

:ccr

Josquius

I've done the occasional bit of snus and have done the....Dutch stuff...on occasion but no, never got into fags.
██████
██████
██████

Brazen

Smoked a bit as a wannabe rebellious teen, but as soon as I felt the urge to buy a pack, I just didn't. I do occasionally get so drunk I forget I don't smoke, but that hasn't happened since my 40th birthday.

Zanza2

I don't think I've smoked more than maybe two packs or so in my life. Not noteworthy really. But then you are still allowed to smoke in bars here, so I get my fair share of second hand smoke.