News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

March Madness 2009

Started by derspiess, March 11, 2009, 10:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fhdz

Well, my brackets are fucked, but it's worth it to see Duke lose and Mizzou win.
and the horse you rode in on

Admiral Yi

:pinchL I would like to change my answer to Throbby's question.

Berkut

Wow. I am not even upset. That ass kicking was so thorough, so complete, and so inevitable from about 40 seconds into the game that I never even really got emotionally involved in the game. It was like an exhibition or something.

How did that team lose ANY games this year?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

jimmy olsen

Neither of those games were interesting. What the hell was Syracuse thinking, jacking up all those quick, shitty threes?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 27, 2009, 08:49:04 PM
Neither of those games were interesting. What the hell was Syracuse thinking, jacking up all those quick, shitty threes?
That's pretty much their entire game.

I would love to see Louisville and Mizzou go at it.

Benedict Arnold

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 27, 2009, 08:49:04 PM

That sucked I really wanted to see the Cuse go all the way.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

citizen k

The Elite Eight have been revealed.

Savonarola

CB and I watched the Kansas-MSU game at a local sports bar.  I've never heard any song sung out of key so many times as I heard the Michigan State Fight song sung tonight.  :bleeding:

The game was a nail biter; I didn't think Sparty was going to pull it off until the final two minutes.   :)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ed Anger

The goofiness that is UK basketball:

http://deadspin.com/5188426/get-away-from-me-alan-cutler

The video is hilarious during the chase.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

charliebear

Elite Eight, baby!

Go Spartans!   :punk:

jimmy olsen

Fucking Ones. <_<

The tournament's been so fucking boring the last two years.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Vince

It was painful watching the Cuse game.     :cry:

Admiral Yi

Pitt looks to be the weakest 1 seed.

There was a hoops scene in the Brit flic Virtual Sexuality.  It was like the basketball scene in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, except with two patient teams.

Valmy

Quote from: charliebear on March 28, 2009, 05:39:53 PM
Elite Eight, baby!

Go Spartans!   :punk:

Mighty Kansas has struck out. :punk:

Congrats Sparty!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."