Main Menu

March Madness 2009

Started by derspiess, March 11, 2009, 10:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: charliebear on March 24, 2009, 09:45:10 AM
I was cheering for Texas against Duke. 

So close...so very very close.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

charliebear

Quote from: Savonarola on March 23, 2009, 10:24:35 AM
I have mixed feelings about the Spartans.  We could use some good news in Detroit; and it would be great if they made it to the Final Four at Ford Field.  On the other hand I'd rather not have the inevitable celebratory riot in Detroit; it's nicer when they torch East Lansing.

I cannot believe you said this. <_<

Valmy

Quote from: charliebear on March 24, 2009, 09:46:19 AM
Sweet 16, baby!

Go Spartans! :punk:

Good luck against Kansas.  Freaking Kansas, even in a rebuilding year they are awesome.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

charliebear

Quote from: Valmy on March 24, 2009, 09:48:11 AM
Quote from: charliebear on March 24, 2009, 09:45:10 AM
I was cheering for Texas against Duke. 

So close...so very very close.

Except for the final score, it was a good game.

crazy canuck

Quote from: charliebear on March 24, 2009, 09:49:46 AM
Quote from: Valmy on March 24, 2009, 09:48:11 AM
Except for the final score, it was a good game.

I thought it was boring as hell.  Whistles every time down the court really took away any flow to the game.  I really thought Texas was going to muscle Duke out of the tourney but Duke shot the lights out and Texas didnt take advantage of their size as well as I thought they would.

Admiral Yi

Hey crazy, have you seen the new Vitamin Water commercial starring your boy Steve Nash?  He's pretty much a pud in it.

Valmy

QuoteI thought it was boring as hell.  Whistles every time down the court really took away any flow to the game.  I really thought Texas was going to muscle Duke out of the tourney but Duke shot the lights out and Texas didnt take advantage of their size as well as I thought they would.

Just think I got to watch about 30 identical games this season.

Berkut

Does anyone give the Cats a chance in hell against Louisville?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on March 24, 2009, 11:56:14 AM

I do.

Thought right now I am thinking it will be an all Big East final four.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Berkut on March 24, 2009, 11:56:14 AM
Louisville's defense is terrifying but I thought their offense looked distinctly average.

Berkut

This is such an awesome picture.

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 24, 2009, 11:46:24 AM
Hey crazy, have you seen the new Vitamin Water commercial starring your boy Steve Nash?  He's pretty much a pud in it.

I saw it and I agree.  I was surprised they got him to say some of that "I AM a brand" type bunk. 

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 24, 2009, 11:57:56 AM
Louisville's defense is terrifying but I thought their offense looked distinctly average.

I agree but if you have such a devastating defence you need to rest on offence.  Shooting comes and goes but defence can remain constant so long as the defensive team has more desire then the opposition - (quoting from the defensive bible of Bobby Knight that was drilled into me as a player) :D

Admiral Yi

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 24, 2009, 12:01:00 PM
I agree but if you have such a devastating defence you need to rest on offence.  Shooting comes and goes but defence can remain constant so long as the defensive team has more desire then the opposition - (quoting from the defensive bible of Bobby Knight that was drilled into me as a player) :D
Still, if a team like Siena (or whoever they played last round) can stick with them for 36 minutes...

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 24, 2009, 12:08:45 PM
Still, if a team like Siena (or whoever they played last round) can stick with them for 36 minutes...

That is what is great about the Tourney.  You always get these teams that nobody knows about playing well with the big teams.  I think that says more about how well Siena was playing then how poorly their opposition played.