News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

March Madness 2009

Started by derspiess, March 11, 2009, 10:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benedict Arnold

Quote from: grumbler on March 21, 2009, 06:12:12 PM
Nope, those are just the first and second rounds.  The regionals take place at the cities I mentioned.
Well then by our powers combined, we've accounted for all of the venues.

jimmy olsen

Looks like Arizona was worthy after all.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Vince

Every damn year Gonzaga does the exact opposite of how I pick them brackets.   >:(

Valmy

:'( Texas fails to win the National Championship once again.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 20, 2009, 11:16:26 PM
Cleveland St. beat Wake!  ???

Wake fans will probably dread ever hearing "Cleveland State" in the future.  Before this, they lost back in 2005 (to WVU) in a 2nd round upset that was played at Cleveland State's arena :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on March 23, 2009, 08:15:03 AM

Bill in Sinton knows you didn't hook your horns before the game. :o
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 23, 2009, 09:54:00 AM
Bill in Sinton knows you didn't hook your horns before the game. :o

Bill actually doesn't babble much on the Basketball board.  Actually Texas fans really do not care about anything but football that much for the most part.  I enjoy watching football-Basketabll-Baseball and then start thinking about football again by August.  Most Texas fans seem to obsess about football year round.  It drives me nuts as there is nothing quite so boring as off season bullshit like recruiting and spring football masturbation but while great games are being played in other sports the sports shows around here just babble on about some high school kid and what college he wants to go to.  Meh.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Savonarola

Well there's always next year for the Wolverines.  :(

I have mixed feelings about the Spartans.  We could use some good news in Detroit; and it would be great if they made it to the Final Four at Ford Field.  On the other hand I'd rather not have the inevitable celebratory riot in Detroit; it's nicer when they torch East Lansing.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Berkut

Can the Cats beat Louisville?

Yes We Can!

The Obama Curse will see us through to the Final Four.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

fhdz

Quote from: Berkut on March 23, 2009, 10:59:24 AM
Can the Cats beat Louisville?

They'd better not; that would screw up my bracket.
and the horse you rode in on

crazy canuck

I sure like the look of Villanova - interchangable players that are all about 6'7-8'' that can drive, shoot and defend full court combined with a good coach.

They are my dark horse.  I think they can beat Duke and have a chance against Pit.  After that anything can happen.

derspiess

As bad as I'm doing in my brackets, my Elite 8 is intact.  If things go well for me in the Sweet 16 games and Louisville wins out, I'll be doing okay.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 23, 2009, 12:00:38 PM
I sure like the look of Villanova - interchangable players that are all about 6'7-8'' that can drive, shoot and defend full court combined with a good coach.

They are my dark horse.  I think they can beat Duke and have a chance against Pit.  After that anything can happen.

Nova did beat Pitt during the regular season, so yeah that's a possibility.

charliebear

Quote from: Valmy on March 23, 2009, 08:15:03 AM

I was cheering for Texas against Duke. 

charliebear

Sweet 16, baby!

Go Spartans! :punk: