Main Menu

March Madness 2009

Started by derspiess, March 11, 2009, 10:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on March 15, 2009, 09:40:49 PM

ESPN.com has lied to me again :cry:

Edit:

I read this and thought it was the final selection.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology?id=3232345

ah yeah just a prognosticators thinking on brackets but nope we get SEC tourney Title winner in MSU, and if they beat them most likely Purdue and then UConn who has knocked UW out of sweet 16 twice in last 10 years (UW has only been in Sweet 16 4 times in that span to boot lol )
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

garbon

Quote from: katmai on March 16, 2009, 09:42:23 AM
Okay for anyone else interested in joining our little tourney pool

http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/register/joinprivategroup_assign_team?GID=97648&P=bubble

password is Moldy iirc

The auto-email says "bubble" and if you look at the link you posted the bit after P= is the password.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Quote from: garbon on March 16, 2009, 09:52:25 AM

The auto-email says "bubble" and if you look at the link you posted the bit after P= is the password.

Quite right  :(

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

katmai

PDH

Quote from: katmai on March 16, 2009, 10:03:55 AM
I like your bracket name by the way.
Now if I could just get the brackets to SHOW UP at work I could make my wrong picks.  Oh well.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on March 15, 2009, 08:12:24 PM
Someone at the Cats board started a thread with links to all the other team boards with people bitching about Arizona getting in, like Creighton and SDSU and such.

It really is delicious.

Dukie Vitale was just complaining about Arizona getting in & St. Marys being left out, but he was righteously smacked down by Jay Bilas, who pointed out all of Arizona's key wins. 

St. Marys was just a victim of all the unlikely mid-major tournament champs.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

Yeah, the Bilas smackdown of Vitale was epic.

When I heard about it, I was rather pleased - I've never liked Vitale and his Duke love affair. But when I actually watched it, it was kind of sad.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

PDH

Just friggin have 128 teams - more money, more games, longer tourney, more money, Wyoming might play more than once a decade, more money.  What's to hate?
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

FunkMonk

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 16, 2009, 08:05:57 PM
Quote from: katmai on March 15, 2009, 11:00:30 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 15, 2009, 10:08:23 PM
So, are we going to a Languish bracket contest, or what?
:-X
Then send me an invite please.
Just click the link man. That's what I did.  :)
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

katmai

Timmay you moron, all the info you need to get into pool is in this thread, so show me you have some reading comprehension before you go teaching the youth of Rhode Island, k?