News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

March Madness 2009

Started by derspiess, March 11, 2009, 10:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

What a whipping, North Carolina looked great.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Savonarola

HIDE YOUR COUCH, DETROIT, THE SPARTANS ARE COMING!
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

;)

Seriously, congratulations to Izzo and the Spartans, even in my office they destroyed everyone's brackets.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

charliebear

Final Four, baby!

Go Spartans!   :punk:

charliebear

Quote from: Savonarola on March 30, 2009, 08:28:44 AM
HIDE YOUR COUCH, DETROIT, THE SPARTANS ARE COMING!

I cannot believe you said this.

fhdz

Quote from: Savonarola on March 30, 2009, 08:39:19 AM
;)

Seriously, congratulations to Izzo and the Spartans, even in my office they destroyed everyone's brackets.

Not mine! :smarty:

My Final Four now has two in (Michigan State and UNC) and two out (I had picked Duke and Memphis).  I picked UNC to go all the way, but I'd be perfectly happy to see State win (especially since I've no money on this bracket).
and the horse you rode in on

Ed Anger

I hope the MSU fuckers burn down their own campus.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

fhdz

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 30, 2009, 06:14:25 PM
I hope the MSU fuckers burn down their own campus.

You never know!
and the horse you rode in on

Berkut

Quote from: charliebear on March 30, 2009, 04:32:43 PM
Final Four, baby!

Go Spartans!   :punk:

Indeed! I hope Izzo takes his Spartans to the promised land before coming to Arizona!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

Honest question, why would he go to Arizona?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on March 30, 2009, 07:37:04 PM

Maybe because it is not freaking cold?  Maybe because Arizona is a growing prosperous state and Michigan is a shrinking one?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on March 30, 2009, 08:46:33 PM

Maybe because it is not freaking cold?  Maybe because Arizona is a growing prosperous state and Michigan is a shrinking one?
Arizona will be shrinking soon enough when they run out of water.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

The program is honestly on the verge of shambles. ( I hate even using such over the top language) but the university has kinda screwed themselves for next year at least as odds are good Budinger and Hill will leave for draft and no real recruiting class coming in because they had had the coach as Interim all year with it pretty much a foregone conclusion he wasn't going to be offered the job.

And this years team even though made Sweet 16 was just a .500 team in Pac 10 which has UCLA/USC/UW all with top 20 recruiting classes.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

Quote from: katmai on March 30, 2009, 08:52:21 PM

The program is honestly on the verge of shambles. ( I hate even using such over the top language) but the university has kinda screwed themselves for next year at least as odds are good Budinger and Hill will leave for draft and no real recruiting class coming in because they had had the coach as Interim all year with it pretty much a foregone conclusion he wasn't going to be offered the job.

And this years team even though made Sweet 16 was just a .500 team in Pac 10 which has UCLA/USC/UW all with top 20 recruiting classes.

Because it is Arizona, and absent about 4 other programs, it is still head and shoulders above any other program in the country as far as prestige and consistent winning is concerned. Who wouldn't want to take over where Lute has left off?

That being said, I don't really think Izzo is itching to leave MSU. But we would love to have him...I wonder what State is paying him?

Of course, Kentucky just blew the doors off of coaches compensation in the NCAA.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned