News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Funny video stuff thread

Started by Berkut, May 10, 2011, 08:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

DGuller

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 21, 2011, 11:31:07 PM
Russian news anchor flips off Obama....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7jKKZTpzh4&feature=player_embedded
I don't find it funny.  Officially condoned disrespect for American leader is disgusting enough, and so is the reaction of Americans on the Internet who couldn't be more happier to see it.  So much for the concept of patriotism.

Tonitrus

DGuller

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 22, 2011, 02:03:03 AM
Officially condoned by whom?
All Russian TV channels are at best heavily self-censored, so anything that you see can be safely assumed to be condoned by Kremlin to some degree.

Tonitrus

Quote from: DGuller on November 22, 2011, 02:15:27 AM
All Russian TV channels are at best heavily self-censored, so anything that you see can be safely assumed to be condoned by Kremlin to some degree.

I think you give the Kremlin too much credit for that kind of control.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 22, 2011, 03:55:56 AM
Quote from: DGuller on November 22, 2011, 02:15:27 AM

I think you give the Kremlin too much credit for that kind of control.

I don't think he does.  You gun down a few reporters and that has a hell of a chilling effect.  Those news outlets that aren't directly or indirectly controlled by the Kremlin are scared shitless.  Take the recent case of Natalya Melikova.  At a joint press conference with Silvio Berlesconi she asked Putin about a possible affair.  Putin didn't take kindly to it.  Silvio made a gesture with is hands indicating a gun like a child might do.  Bang Bang.  The woman broke down crying.  The next day her newspaper was closed.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_journalists_killed_in_Russia  This has a nice long list.  Obviously not all were killed by the Kremlin.  Some by gangsters, businesses (in Russia essentially the same thing), local officials, army officers etc.  But you get the idea.  You really can't say Russia has a free press.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tonitrus

Quote from: Razgovory on November 22, 2011, 04:27:02 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_journalists_killed_in_Russia  This has a nice long list.  Obviously not all were killed by the Kremlin.  Some by gangsters, businesses (in Russia essentially the same thing), local officials, army officers etc.  But you get the idea.  You really can't say Russia has a free press.

Which I never said.

Also, it seems plausible she might have been flipping off the cameraman or another coworker (maybe as a result of her stutter).

But to think that the Putin/Medvedev ettin said "lets have this news anchor flip off Obama today" is rather silly.

Ed Anger

Masturbating Russian anchor was funnier.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 22, 2011, 08:57:11 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 22, 2011, 04:27:02 AM

Which I never said.

Also, it seems plausible she might have been flipping off the cameraman or another coworker (maybe as a result of her stutter).

But to think that the Putin/Medvedev ettin said "lets have this news anchor flip off Obama today" is rather silly.

Condoned doesn't mean order it to happen.

Tonitrus

sbr

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 22, 2011, 09:15:37 PM
It's condoned here too.

Where is here?  I don't think even Faux News would get away with flipping off the President on air.

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on November 22, 2011, 04:10:10 AM
I don't think he does.  You gun down a few reporters and that has a hell of a chilling effect.  Those news outlets that aren't directly or indirectly controlled by the Kremlin are scared shitless.  Take the recent case of Natalya Melikova.  At a joint press conference with Silvio Berlesconi she asked Putin about a possible affair.  Putin didn't take kindly to it.  Silvio made a gesture with is hands indicating a gun like a child might do.  Bang Bang.  The woman broke down crying.  The next day her newspaper was closed.
lol I remember that one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfV0x1e4zZs
I can't wait till Meester Berlusconi's next comeback. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tonitrus

Quote from: sbr on November 22, 2011, 10:09:07 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on November 22, 2011, 09:15:37 PM
It's condoned here too.

Where is here?  I don't think even Faux News would get away with flipping off the President on air.

Maybe not physically, but certainly verbally.  :P