And we're back!

Main Menu

Psychological Advice ?

Started by jamesww, May 06, 2011, 04:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: jamesww on May 13, 2011, 02:30:27 PM
Quote from: Slargos on May 07, 2011, 05:52:53 AM
Once you accept that you are responsible for everything in your life, the good AND the bad, you can move on.

"Why does this happen to me?" Well, because you let it happen to you, you whiney cunt.

Dr.Phil I presume.   :P

Dr. Phil Goode.  :sleep:

Slargos

Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2011, 02:33:34 PM
Quote from: Slargos on May 07, 2011, 05:52:53 AM
Once you accept that you are responsible for everything in your life, the good AND the bad, you can move on.

"Why does this happen to me?" Well, because you let it happen to you, you whiney cunt.

You may be responsible, but you have precious little control over what happens to you.   Illusion of control is very, very common.  In fact, it may be vital to good mental health.

Nonsense. You have all the control possible under the given laws of nature. If you need to tell yourself otherwise in order to make yourself feel better, go right ahead.  :hmm:

I think I'll file that one under such gems as "life is short".

Razgovory

Knowing you don't control your life doesn't really make you feel better.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Slargos

Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2011, 02:53:09 PM

I dunno. It's a pretty good excuse.

Razgovory

Quote from: Slargos on May 13, 2011, 02:58:10 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2011, 02:53:09 PM

I dunno. It's a pretty good excuse.

Didn't fly at the Nuremberg trials.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017