News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Psychological Advice ?

Started by jamesww, May 06, 2011, 04:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesww

Inspired by Mono's 'give me some medical advice for free' thread, I thought I'd go with this, knowing what you do of me and 'my way of being' / how fucked up am I or not , what psychological advice would you give me ?

:cool:

viper37

In my professional opinion, I would say that asking for this kind of advice on Languish is akin to throwing yourself in front of a moving train.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Slargos

Slargos

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Get a haircut, and get a real job.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

jamesww

To be slightly serious for a moment, today I happened to speak to someone for the first time in years, I was describing something and she had a sorta eureka moment and said words to the effect "oh that explains so many things". Up until that point I hadn't really put two and two together.

I guess one of the implications of what she said was, some of the fucks-up in my life haven't been my fault or for that matter anyone elses. :gasp:

We British and our emotions.  :bowler:

Razgovory

Wait, what's wrong with you?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

katmai

Well for starters he posts here.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Brain

Quote from: jamesww on May 06, 2011, 06:18:56 PM
To be slightly serious for a moment, today I happened to speak to someone for the first time in years,

W.T.F.

You REALLY need to interact more with RL humans.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jamesww

Slargos

Once you accept that you are responsible for everything in your life, the good AND the bad, you can move on.

"Why does this happen to me?" Well, because you let it happen to you, you whiney cunt.

jamesww

Quote from: Slargos on May 07, 2011, 05:52:53 AM
Once you accept that you are responsible for everything in your life, the good AND the bad, you can move on.

"Why does this happen to me?" Well, because you let it happen to you, you whiney cunt.

Dr.Phil I presume.   :P

Razgovory

Quote from: Slargos on May 07, 2011, 05:52:53 AM

You may be responsible, but you have precious little control over what happens to you.   Illusion of control is very, very common.  In fact, it may be vital to good mental health.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017