And we're back!

Main Menu

The brother of the future Queen of England

Started by Martinus, May 06, 2011, 03:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on May 06, 2011, 03:39:40 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 06, 2011, 03:38:10 PM
It's a moot point anyway most of the title giving today are not passed.

Interesting point.  I think  that only works if they make him a life peer in the House of Lords or Knight him.  Can you have a non-hereditary title of a different sort?

They are scrapping the House of Lords soon anyway, and most life peers don't go into House of Lords anymore anyway, so unlikely. He will probably be made Viscount of Somesuch.

Hope he doesn't end up like George Boleyn.  :ph34r:

Also: Prince Harry/James Middleton slash fiction is going to sell. :P

Martinus

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 06, 2011, 03:39:22 PM
He is an upper-class Englishman, labels like gay or heterosexual have no meaning to that elite  :cool:
:lol:

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on May 06, 2011, 03:41:41 PM
They are scrapping the House of Lords soon anyway, and most life peers don't go into House of Lords anymore anyway, so unlikely. He will probably be made Viscount of Somesuch.

I thought Britain never made any constitutional changes "soon" ;)

Ah so there are life peers who do not sit in the Lords?  I am learning so much about post-modern aristocracy
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on May 06, 2011, 03:44:05 PM
Quote from: Martinus on May 06, 2011, 03:41:41 PM

I thought Britain never made any constitutional changes "soon" ;)

Ah so there are life peers who do not sit in the Lords?  I am learning so much about post-modern aristocracy

Yes.  Most of them.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Richard Hakluyt

Apart from anything else there are not enough seats in the chamber for all the peers to sit.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 06, 2011, 03:46:56 PM
Yes.  Most of them.

But there are like 700 members of the HoL!  The Brits must really love making nobles.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

jamesww

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 06, 2011, 03:39:22 PM
He is an upper-class Englishman, labels like gay or heterosexual have no meaning to that elite  :cool:

:lol:

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on May 06, 2011, 03:49:03 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 06, 2011, 03:46:56 PM
Yes.  Most of them.

But there are like 700 members of the HoL!  The Brits must really love making nobles.

Yes, and most of them bat for the team. *cough*

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on May 06, 2011, 03:52:49 PM

Your inclusion of David Beckham makes it hard to figure out what team you are referring to.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on May 06, 2011, 03:56:43 PM

Your inclusion of David Beckham makes it hard to figure out what team you are referring to.

Actually he has been rumoured to be gay for quite a while.

Grey Fox

I think we can firmly put in the Bi team.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on May 06, 2011, 03:58:14 PM

Fair enough.  I just presume in this day and age people do not feel the need to do something as gross as marrying a beard but hey it is his life.  Kind of sad if true.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on May 06, 2011, 04:07:11 PM
Quote from: Martinus on May 06, 2011, 03:58:14 PM

Fair enough.  I just presume in this day and age people do not feel the need to do something as gross as marrying a beard but hey it is his life.  Kind of sad if true.

Unless you are a professional athlete.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 06, 2011, 04:13:05 PM
Unless you are a professional athlete.

You are not required to get married.  It is not like he is a red state politician or anything.  Besides he plays for the LA Galaxy nobody would notice.