Quote from: dps on May 05, 2011, 09:47:55 AM
I don't mean this to be mean-spirited or flip,

ban
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on May 05, 2011, 10:10:09 AM
Quote from: dps on May 05, 2011, 09:47:55 AM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on May 05, 2011, 09:07:09 AM
Hmmm, I ended up in a YouTube spiral a few nights ago watching some documentaries exploring to what extent "bugchasing" is a real phenomenon in the US and UK.  The sunnier and more relevant aspect was that there were a lot of interviews with negative/positive couples talking about HIV etc. and the issue of getting infected didn't come up once.  The real strain on the relationships was the confrontation with mortality, the worry about the positive partner getting really sick, etc.

I don't mean this to be mean-spirited or flip, but Marty, based on his Languish persona at least, doesn't seem like the type who'd be willing to care for a seriously ill partner.

Granted, based just on our Languish personas, that could be said of many of us.  But if you were to make a list of the posters who would be the most unwilling, he'd be high on the list.

*shrug* I guess you are wrong.

I hope so.  It would be nice to know you aren't that shallow in real life.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grallon

Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2011, 03:06:26 PM
...So I am looking for an advice how to tell him that (he was honest with me so I don't want to hurt his feelings).

Tell him just that - your hypocondria would kill you if this goes anywhere beyond friendship... 

However this will be followed by vague assurances you 2 will remain friends, a couple of meet ups for coffee then less and less contacts until you read in the papers he was found hanged in his apartment.

Do you really want that on your conscience?

Just ditch him already!

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

Quote from: Grallon on May 05, 2011, 12:07:00 PM
Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2011, 03:06:26 PM
...So I am looking for an advice how to tell him that (he was honest with me so I don't want to hurt his feelings).

Tell him just that - your hypocondria would kill you if this goes anywhere beyond friendship... 

However this will be followed by vague assurances you 2 will remain friends, a couple of meet ups for coffee then less and less contacts until you read in the papers he was found hanged in his apartment.

Do you really want that on your conscience?

Just ditch him already!

G.

Why would he hang himself? Let alone over Marti? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zoupa

Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique?