Classic Who (1st 7 Doctors)
9 (22.5%)
Nu Who (9th thru 11th Doctors)
17 (42.5%)
I haven't seen enough of 1 or the other to make an informed selection
6 (15%)
I'm a hipster poser who'd never admit to liking anything popular
1 (2.5%)
I'm an iconclast, so I'll vote for the 8th Doctor!
0 (0%)
Don't know anything about Doctor Who, I'm just a retard who likes voting in polls (Jaron option)
7 (17.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

dps

So, which do you like better?

crazy canuck

Nu Who's, particularly Tennant but this new guy is pretty good too.

Josquius

New.
When I was a kid I found old too slow paced, now I find it a bit dated.
██████
██████
██████

dps

Quote from: Tyr on May 03, 2011, 06:19:33 PM
New.

I can see finding the old stuff kind of dated now, but as for the pace, I think some of the new episodes feel too rushed.  The second episode of the new series really went too fast IMO.

Eddie Teach

Haven't seen old Who, but tv from that period is just lackluster in general.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: dps on May 03, 2011, 06:44:14 PM
Quote from: Tyr on May 03, 2011, 06:19:33 PM
New.

I can see finding the old stuff kind of dated now, but as for the pace, I think some of the new episodes feel too rushed.  The second episode of the new series really went too fast IMO.
Totally agreed that lots of the new ones are way too rushed.
I could well see myself as a kid loving it though wheras with the old ones...I just wanted them to finish with the talking and lead up and actually get down to business,
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

I liked the older episodes.  Tom Baker is Dr. Who.  Part of the fun was how bad the production values were.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on May 03, 2011, 08:04:19 PM
I liked the older episodes.  Tom Baker is Dr. Who.  Part of the fun was how bad the production values were.

I was amused by the whole block of old british shows on the PBS station. Dr. Who, Space:1999, Monty Python and that stupid show set in a department store. And Taggart.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Space: 1999 wasn't a British show AFAIK.

And frankly, I'm surprised that it's running anywhere nowdays.  It pretty much was a flop, and only lasted 2 seasons IIRC.

EDIT:  I checked, and, I was mistaken in that it was a British show, but was correct that it only ran 2 years. 

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 03, 2011, 08:07:05 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 03, 2011, 08:04:19 PM

I was amused by the whole block of old british shows on the PBS station. Dr. Who, Space:1999, Monty Python and that stupid show set in a department store. And Taggart.

I know exactly what you mean! :lol:  "Are You Being Served?" I think was the name of it.  There was also the awful comedy of about the annoying fat old woman.  Then another show where there was an annoying fat woman who wasn't as old but was a priest or something.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

All I know it, when Judi Dench was on screen, my pants came off.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

I find the new Dr. Who stuff to be nothing short of boring.

Then again, I found the old stuff the same.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Mr.Penguin

The 10th Doctor. It's limited what I have seen of the 8th Doctor, so for me is it at choice between the 9th and the 10th Doctor...

They did show the 4th Doctor on danish TV back when I was a kid, but for some reason did I find it silly back then... 
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Gaius Marius

Voted 3rd option. I can only remember the 4th doctor from PBS reruns, whereas i've seen all three of the new doctors. Ergo, not informed enough.
First Man in Rome

Syt

So, for someone who has so far watched NONE of the Doctors ... which would be considered essential watching?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.