Main Menu

Quebec city Summer Festival

Started by viper37, May 02, 2011, 12:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Festival d'Été de Québec
The complete line up is here:
http://www.infofestival.com/Line-up/

It's a great time to visit Quebec city.  All these shows for just 65$.
Metallica alone is worth this.  They come with Joe Satriani and a Quebec city punk band called Dance Laury Dance (don't know the band, but I hear it's good).
There's Elton John for the gay mafia, Dropkick Murphys to get an Irish sound, Simple Plan for the kids, Anihilator for the old timers like me, Mari-Mai and Éric Lapointe for those who think anything with a drum and an electric guitar is rock, Miche Pagliaro for the Quebecois born before 1960, and Patrick Norman because you absolutely need to have something that sounds like country.

There's something for everyone and summer is a great time to discover the city.  Well, winter too, but summer is better, imho.

If any of you are coming to the city this summer, we could arrange some kind of meeting somewhere :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

I was born after 1960 & Pag is awesome.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

Are you getting paid by the city board of tourism or something?  :lol:

Caliga

So how long is summer up there... like a week? :P
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

viper37

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Martinus on May 02, 2011, 12:41:37 PM
Are you getting paid by the city board of tourism or something?  :lol:
More tourists = more revenues = more good bands next year :)
I am a capitalist and I think like one ;)

Rex Francorum

To rent

katmai

Yeah the list you gave :zzz:

But then looked and Black Keys and Ben Harper are worth the ticket price alone.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sophie Scholl

The Quebec City tourism board should be killed for ruining the taking of Quebec F&I War event. :mad:  That being said, I'd love to see Harper or The Black Keys and wouldn't turn down a chance to watch Girl Talk.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

viper37

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 03, 2011, 01:10:38 AM
The Quebec City tourism board should be killed for ruining the taking of Quebec F&I War event. :mad: 
direct your anger at the cracy separatists parties who plotted with the radicals to make sure it wouldn't happen.  The organizers bowed to terrorism, that's not pretty.  But the blame rest on the radicals.  I would have liked to see that.

viper37

Quote from: Rex Francorum on May 02, 2011, 11:54:06 PM
Boring festival. ;)

well, I heard they tried to get Handel, but he was unavailable due to prior commitment in heaven ;)
Still, Metallica is the next best thing :P

viper37

Quote from: katmai on May 03, 2011, 12:02:18 AM
Yeah the list you gave :zzz:

But then looked and Black Keys and Ben Harper are worth the ticket price alone.
Whatever floats your boat :)  I gave bands I liked and bands I tought people liked :)  I don't like Ben Harper's music, can't say much about the Black Keys.  But if you like it, by all means, drop by the city this summer :)

Valmy

Un jour Québec...un jour...mais pas cette année :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

KRonn

It's been too long since I visited Quebec.   :(   Used to go nearly every year, usually in the Autumn.

Grey Fox

That's the best time to visit it.

I think I'll go visit Quebec again this year. Didn't last year.

My dad's gf bought an house about 40mins south of QC.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.