Grindr - would heteros be slutty enough for this to work?

Started by Martinus, July 14, 2011, 03:55:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

Back in the pre-smartphone days my friends and I used to play "Who's in the room?" with Bluetooth. In any given central London you'd always find upforit, donkeydick, sendmeantything, nostrings etc.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Viking

If women actually signed up for something like that then it would work. The ghey version works because all men are sluts.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Siege

Quote from: Brazen on July 14, 2011, 09:22:28 AM
Back in the pre-smartphone days my friends and I used to play "Who's in the room?" with Bluetooth. In any given central London you'd always find upforit, donkeydick, sendmeantything, nostrings etc.

I wonder whats your mileage.
I wont touch you with a 10 foot pole, that's for sure.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

garbon

I don't get the point of it really. Not particularly hard to find someone who wants to hookup.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

I wish I had been more slutty earlier in life. I'd have better stories to tell. Siege has it wrong.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on July 14, 2011, 09:46:15 PM
I don't get the point of it really. Not particularly hard to find someone who wants to hookup.

Fuck your smugness.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on July 14, 2011, 11:00:57 PM

Fuck your smugness.

Well I thought it was obvious that I was talking about grindr and gay men. It would be easy for you too if you wanted a man. :lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on July 14, 2011, 11:34:46 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 14, 2011, 11:00:57 PM

Fuck your smugness.

Well I thought it was obvious that I was talking about grindr and gay men. It would be easy for you too if you wanted a man. :lol:

I know, that's what I meant. :P
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

If you had stuck around in Maryland long enough, I could've pimped you out.  Think of the profit.

Brazen

Quote from: Siege on July 14, 2011, 09:40:55 PM

I wonder whats your mileage.
I wont touch you with a 10 foot pole, that's for sure.
Good, though I'd much rather be touched with a 10-foot pole than you.

Just to be clear, we weren't doing it for hook-ups, just seeing what sluts and mansluts were in the same pub. Journalists, see.

I'm surprised Craigslist hasn't developed an app.

Josquius

Don't you live in San Francisco?
You saying that is basically the equivalent of a guy who lives in Holland telling a beduin herder from the deep desert that there's no need for an app to find water.  ;)
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on July 16, 2011, 06:13:21 AM

No, he lives in New York, which is like San Francisco gay-wise, except larger and with less windbreakers.

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on July 16, 2011, 06:13:21 AM
You saying that is basically the equivalent of a guy who lives in Holland telling a beduin herder from the deep desert that there's no need for an app to find water.  ;)

Where do you think the bulk of the users are? :huh: