News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Osama is dead

Started by MadImmortalMan, May 02, 2011, 02:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Syt on May 02, 2011, 10:21:08 AM
"Instead of reaching out to the Third World, the U.S. escalate the violence again"

:lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

"When OBL was fighting commies he was a good guy - let's see how the Libyan rebels will be seen in 10, 20 years"

That one doesn't sound particularly crazy.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 02, 2011, 06:21:37 AM
You shouldn't read the BBC have your say, it's bad for your BP.
"Interesting what the U.S. can achive when the PS3 network is down ..."

This one amused me. :lol:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 02, 2011, 10:44:21 AM
"When OBL was fighting commies he was a good guy - let's see how the Libyan rebels will be seen in 10, 20 years"

That one doesn't sound particularly crazy.
Except for the bit about OBL being a good guy.  I don't think he was ever that.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on May 02, 2011, 10:38:01 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 02, 2011, 10:30:51 AM
Kind of disappointed by the leftist nutjob comments at lemonde.fr. They actually use the event to blame Sarkozy :(

At least they are focussed on the real enemy and not distracted by Obamahitler.

I thought the official nick was Obamadolf ?
There are still some crazy reactions if you search well though.

Drakken

That wouldn't have happened in Saudi Arabia.

Oh wait...

Scipio

Quote from: Valmy on May 02, 2011, 10:24:45 AM
I am sort of honored to be compared to the Roman Empire  :)

Hopefully this means the US will dominate for another 500 years  :P
Considering that our Republic is modeled on the best parts of Rome's republic, without the structural defects, we stand a fair chance to do better.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Siege

"It goes to show that mankind hasn't developed its morals one iota since the Stone Age"

It never cease to amuze me how people expects moralty to "develop".
The only morality I care about is from the Torah, and that one hasn't change in 3500 years.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Siege on May 02, 2011, 04:09:52 PM
that one hasn't change in 3500 years.

Stop ripping on the Talmud.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Barrister

"It goes to show that mankind hasn't developed its morals one iota since the Stone Age"

The only morality I care about is from the Torah, and that one hasn't change in 3500 years.

There was a very substantial change though about 2000 years ago that you seem to have forgotten about. :contract:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

even the Nazis got a trial.  :mad:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Yeah, but we have 'laws' to contain lunatics like you.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

Some nuttier comments I've read this morning:
- "Great, now North African countries will be opened for the corporations!" - "But only where there's any resources!" (Huh??)
- "All orchestrated. OBL never existed. They only killed him off now to create a new major terror attack and have a new villain after the old one got boring."
- "How shall we believe that OBL is indeed dead, since all we have is the 'proof' from a country that has been proven to lie time and time again (Iraq)!"
- "What happened that the Americans don't need Osama anymore? What's the next chapter in this soap opera?"

It's kinda sad how many posters seem to think the War on Terror(tm) and Osama's existence are an American plot.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on May 02, 2011, 10:41:58 PM
Some nuttier comments I've read this morning:
- "Great, now North African countries will be opened for the corporations!" - "But only where there's any resources!" (Huh??)
- "All orchestrated. OBL never existed. They only killed him off now to create a new major terror attack and have a new villain after the old one got boring."
- "How shall we believe that OBL is indeed dead, since all we have is the 'proof' from a country that has been proven to lie time and time again (Iraq)!"
- "What happened that the Americans don't need Osama anymore? What's the next chapter in this soap opera?"

It's kinda sad how many posters seem to think the War on Terror(tm) and Osama's existence are an American plot.

Where was this?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017