Main Menu

Osama is dead

Started by MadImmortalMan, May 02, 2011, 02:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Syt on May 02, 2011, 10:58:39 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 02, 2011, 10:44:26 PM
Where was this?

derstandard.at, a leftist mainstream paper in Austria, targeted at liberal intellectual wannabes, BoBos and "Gutmenschen" (people who are for human rights, against violence, for immigration, for helping the weak etc. while often displaying a moral superiority complex  .... usually all talk, though, no action).

Comments on, say, Die Presse (Conservative paper), aren't better, though, and there's probably an overlap of posters between the two. In general I avoid reading comments to news stories, because, as R.Hakluyt said, it's better for the blood pressure.

The same, or similar, bullcrap is posted over here. Antiamericanism is rife still. At least it gives me the opportunity to call these people idiots.

Queequeg

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 02, 2011, 07:11:08 AM
Be fair. Can they really be that much worse than Lettow and Spellus?
Thank you, Wiggin, and I hope your mother dies in a freak yachting accident. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Slargos

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on May 03, 2011, 01:31:21 PM
Where was this?

derstandard.at, a leftist mainstream paper in Austria, targeted at liberal intellectual wannabes, BoBos and "Gutmenschen" (people who are for human rights, against violence, for immigration, for helping the weak etc. while often displaying a moral superiority complex  .... usually all talk, though, no action).

Comments on, say, Die Presse (Conservative paper), aren't better, though, and there's probably an overlap of posters between the two. In general I avoid reading comments to news stories, because, as R.Hakluyt said, it's better for the blood pressure.

The same, or similar, bullcrap is posted over here. Antiamericanism is rife still. At least it gives me the opportunity to call these people idiots.

As much as I love to slag the American national pastime of war crimes, I really have to work hard to keep my mouth shut when Scandinavians go off on their knee-jerk anti-americanisms. It's really boring.

"Durr, CIA was behind 9/11 LOL!"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Queequeg on May 03, 2011, 01:47:59 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 02, 2011, 07:11:08 AM
Be fair. Can they really be that much worse than Lettow and Spellus?
Thank you, Wiggin, and I hope your mother dies in a freak yachting accident.

At least it's not a fire.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Habbaku

Quote from: Slargos on May 03, 2011, 02:00:37 PM
I really have to work hard to keep my mouth shut when Scandinavians go off on their knee-jerk anti-americanisms. It's really boring.

:hmm:

http://languish.org/forums/index.php?topic=5012.0
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Slargos

Quote from: Habbaku on May 03, 2011, 02:08:30 PM
Quote from: Slargos on May 03, 2011, 02:00:37 PM
I really have to work hard to keep my mouth shut when Scandinavians go off on their knee-jerk anti-americanisms. It's really boring.

:hmm:

http://languish.org/forums/index.php?topic=5012.0

Difference is of course that I don't believe that, and indeed when the topic isn't war crimes my comments are usually tongue in cheek. They generally believe every word.

Berkut

Where was this?

I have it on good authority that anti-americanism doesn't really exist in Europe.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Jacob

Quote from: Berkut on May 03, 2011, 03:19:06 PMI have it on good authority that anti-americanism doesn't really exist in Europe.

People would take you more seriously if you vetted your authorities better.

Pedrito

Quote from: Berkut on May 03, 2011, 03:19:06 PM
Where was this?

I have it on good authority that anti-americanism doesn't really exist in Europe.
:huh: :unsure:  :lmfao:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot: