Panetta to be named Def. Sec. and Petraeus to be named CIA Dir.

Started by Kleves, April 27, 2011, 09:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on April 27, 2011, 09:21:01 PM
Yeah, I was just going to say - isn't being head of the Intelligence agency one of the main stepping stones for the top job? I mean, just look at Bush and Putin.

Now there's some apples and oranges right there.
One guy used it to pad his resume for a year, the other guy fucking lived it.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 27, 2011, 08:16:47 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on April 27, 2011, 08:11:48 PM
Hey, did anyone hear about the reshuffle going on?  Supposedly, Petraeus is headed to the CIA and Panetta to the Pentagon?

I hear they are blocking searches on it in China.
This has to be the stupidest meme in the history of Languish.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jacob

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 27, 2011, 09:25:07 PMThis has to be the stupidest meme in the history of Languish.

I heard they block languish in China.

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 27, 2011, 09:24:03 PMNow there's some apples and oranges right there.

You long for an American Putin, don't you?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on April 27, 2011, 09:26:39 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 27, 2011, 09:24:03 PMNow there's some apples and oranges right there.

You long for an American Putin, don't you?

And who wouldn't? What can't that man do?

We had one once, though.  He wore feather boas, sucked cock and hated the Kennedys.

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 27, 2011, 09:37:21 PMAnd who wouldn't? What can't that man do?

I don't know. I read recently that there're rumblings about Medvedev not wanting to step down to let Putin run for President again.

QuoteWe had one once, though.  He wore feather boas, sucked cock and hated the Kennedys.

Pardon my ignorance of American Presidents, but was that? Roosevelt?

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

Quote from: Jacob on April 27, 2011, 11:12:28 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 27, 2011, 09:37:21 PMAnd who wouldn't? What can't that man do?

I don't know. I read recently that there're rumblings about Medvedev not wanting to step down to let Putin run for President again.

QuoteWe had one once, though.  He wore feather boas, sucked cock and hated the Kennedys.

Lincoln.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on April 27, 2011, 11:12:28 PM

J. Edgar Hoover.

Slargos