Brits, jealous of US air powah, bitch about drones, in Brit-like fashion

Started by CountDeMoney, April 26, 2011, 04:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 27, 2011, 07:24:48 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 27, 2011, 05:01:29 PM
Some do.  But by & large, Americans tend to hold servicemen/women and military careers in high regard-- I'd say a lot more so than in most other countries.  I don't think Marti's mind can grasp that.  I'd make a Polack joke if I weren't too tired to bother.

I think large parts of the American left still have disdain for service men and women but painted themselves into a corner by playing the "but think about the soldiersoneoneone" card over and over during the Bush administration.

And you base this on...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on April 27, 2011, 07:26:41 PM
And you base this on...

Little things like articles in The Progressive and Mother Jones on how to help high school grads avoid the military, General Betrayus ads in the NYT, wacky shit Kucinich says in hearings, but mostly from a lack of evidence of change in mindset.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on April 27, 2011, 07:34:26 PM
A change in mindset from what?

From spitting on GI's and calling them baby killers as they stepped off the plane from Saigon.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 27, 2011, 07:35:45 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 27, 2011, 07:34:26 PM
A change in mindset from what?

From spitting on GI's and calling them baby killers as they stepped off the plane from Saigon.

You know that's a myth right?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on April 27, 2011, 07:39:41 PM
You know that's a myth right?

I have a vague recollection of an attempt to debunk.  Can't remember if I found it convincing or not.

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 27, 2011, 08:32:35 PM
I have a vague recollection of an attempt to debunk.  Can't remember if I found it convincing or not.
I have seen no evidence that you even pay attention to evidence.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!