Brits, jealous of US air powah, bitch about drones, in Brit-like fashion

Started by CountDeMoney, April 26, 2011, 04:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I don't think most Americans think that... in fact, I'd be shocked if it was the case.  So I agree with your "so what", but think it's moot.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on April 27, 2011, 12:18:43 PM
I don't think most Americans think that... in fact, I'd be shocked if it was the case.  So I agree with your "so what", but think it's moot.

That's why I said "even if" with which I was attempting to suggest a hypothetical.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: Berkut on April 27, 2011, 10:36:36 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 27, 2011, 10:33:22 AM
Well, in Eastern Europe what Marty says is probably true.  People do their best to escape military service there.  In the United States it is not.  The problem is simply that Marty doesn't understand the 1st world.

It is an act though - Marty understands just fine.

Ouch. That's harsh, man.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Alcibiades

Quote from: garbon on April 27, 2011, 12:15:35 PM
Quote from: Alcibiades on April 27, 2011, 09:38:23 AM
Surprise, you're still a fucking retard.  And it is a very small nonvocal minority at that.  You see a lot of people at universities getting a degree and going into the military.  I'll be making $60,000 starting out in my FIRST year as an army officer, and in three years it will be $84,000+, guaranteed, full benefits.  How much do you make in Poland again?

Compared to college graduates now, where 45% of graduates are making less than $15,000 a year, seems like a smart choice to me, though maybe a bit harder than fags like you are used to.
(http://www.thepelicanpost.org/2011/04/19/higher-education-the-next-asset-bubble/)

TL:DR You're as dumb as ever.

Also, what is he hoping for? Even if most Americans thought that people in the military were stupid - so what?

He's stuck in this ignorant belief that the military is scum, and the option of last resort only.  It's a very feasible career, and especially given the current economic situation, I don't understand how he can go on about this over and over.

His current assertion is that :

There are many Americans who rightly think that people who go into the military (discounting intelligence corps and the like) are largely human trash - which gives me hope.

It's as obnoxious to me as the whole blinding Fahdiz God thing was to some of you.

So what if the sky is orange in his world, I guess.     :hmm:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Barrister

I think Marti is right in that some Americans do agree with what he is saying. :mellow:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Alcibiades

Quote from: Martinus on April 27, 2011, 12:43:05 AM
There are many Americans who rightly think that people who go into the military (discounting intelligence corps and the like) are largely human trash - which gives me hope.

Sorry, bolded the relevant parts for you beebs.  Font too small on the mac?   :P
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on April 27, 2011, 10:33:22 AM
Well, in Eastern Europe what Marty says is probably true.  People do their best to escape military service there.  In the United States it is not.  The problem is simply that Marty doesn't understand the 1st world.

Maybe you can never leave the Warsaw Pact, after all :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Slargos

Quote from: Alcibiades on April 27, 2011, 02:03:18 PM
Quote from: Martinus on April 27, 2011, 12:43:05 AM

Sorry, bolded the relevant parts for you beebs.  Font too small on the mac?   :P

Many is not necessarily relative to the total amount.

If 1 million American soldiers decide to commit mass suicide over their deeply immoral involvement in American Imperialist wars, then that's many mongrel deaths, something like 60%, I think?

If 1 million chinks decide to cheer at this news, that's still many cheering chinks despite the fact that it's just less than 1% of the population.

Thus, the word "many" doesn't in and of itself invalidate Martinus' argument.

No, the fact that Martinus is a histrionic faggot invalidates most of his arguments.

Don't even need to pick at the particulars.

Really.

Alcibiades

:D

Well this is why I'm travelling Europe, to try to understand your "culture" and "thought process".

Slargos

Quote from: Alcibiades on April 27, 2011, 03:03:36 PM
:D

Well this is why I'm travelling Europe, to try to understand your "culture" and "thought process".

It is, I'm afraid, much too late for that.

Your blood has been tainted by interbreeding with the rebellious scum that overthrew their rightful sovereign. No American can ever be trusted to have even the most basic understanding of civilized behaviour.

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on April 27, 2011, 01:54:16 PM
I think Marti is right in that some Americans do agree with what he is saying. :mellow:

Some do.  But by & large, Americans tend to hold servicemen/women and military careers in high regard-- I'd say a lot more so than in most other countries.  I don't think Marti's mind can grasp that.  I'd make a Polack joke if I weren't too tired to bother.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on April 27, 2011, 05:01:29 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 27, 2011, 01:54:16 PM

Some do.  But by & large, Americans tend to hold servicemen/women and military careers in high regard-- I'd say a lot more so than in most other countries.  I don't think Marti's mind can grasp that.  I'd make a Polack joke if I weren't too tired to bother.

Some Americans also believe in that the Queen of England is a giant man-eating lizard monster.  Saying that "some Americans" believe something is kind of useless.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Slargos on April 27, 2011, 04:11:07 PM

Your blood has been tainted by interbreeding with the rebellious scum that overthrew their rightful sovereign. No American can ever be trusted to have even the most basic understanding of civilized behaviour.
Alas, your "new" schtick is just Neil's old, tired schtick.  Nice job of being Neil, for what it's worth.  :hug:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Alcibiades

Quote from: grumbler on April 27, 2011, 06:01:21 PM
Quote from: Slargos on April 27, 2011, 04:11:07 PM

Alas, your "new" schtick is just Neil's old, tired schtick.  Nice job of being Neil, for what it's worth.  :hug:

:yes:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on April 27, 2011, 05:01:29 PM

I think large parts of the American left still have disdain for service men and women but painted themselves into a corner by playing the "but think about the soldiersoneoneone" card over and over during the Bush administration.