News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Lord of the Auspicious Conjunction

Started by Lettow77, April 26, 2011, 04:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 28, 2011, 09:31:37 AM
I hear Margaret Cho is still available.

That'd work except that she got married in 2003.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 28, 2011, 08:29:41 AMYou are in for a rude surprise if you think East Asian women are submissive wallflowers.

It seems you've learned something on your Korean soujourn after all.

Ideologue

Quote from: Jacob on April 27, 2011, 07:23:31 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 27, 2011, 04:49:03 PMBut don't you think it's a bit of a cripple fight?  I mean, is an otaku really any more loathsome than a seduction community type, or a Scientologist, or a protester, or someone who runs for office on the Communist ticket?

Did you get that flyer from the Communists? Apparently they're running candidates in Calgary East and Edmonton - Mill Woods - Beaumont.

They've got a bunch of exciting things on their program like stop and reverse the loss of manufacturing jobs while they'll also expand employment and raise the minimum wage to $16/hour, reduce the work week to 32 hours (no loss of income) and up EI to 90%. They'll also cut income tax completely on earnings below $35K, double the corporate tax rate and put banks and insurance companies under public ownership.

They've got a ton of other promises too, that I'm sure you'd find appealing such as leaving NATO and NORAD.

You know, I think I might take a trip to Canada.  (I CAN NOW LEGALLY VISIT, BARRISTER BOY.)

Quote from: jimmy olsenYou are in for a rude surprise if you think East Asian women are submissive wallflowers.

Also Thailand or the Philippines.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on April 28, 2011, 01:00:55 PM
(I CAN NOW LEGALLY VISIT, BARRISTER BOY.)

:weep:

Although if you make it to alberta I'd love to buy you a beer. :cheers:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

Quote from: Barrister on April 28, 2011, 01:03:26 PM

I thought you'd want to keep me out of trouble. :P
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Jacob

Quote from: Ideologue on April 28, 2011, 01:00:55 PMYou know, I think I might take a trip to Canada.  (I CAN NOW LEGALLY VISIT, BARRISTER BOY.)

I wouldn't count on the Communists to get more than a few hundred votes each.

Razgovory

I put Lettow's opening post in my sig, since it's so bizarre.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on April 28, 2011, 01:19:45 PM
I put Lettow's opening post in my sig, since it's so bizarre.

You should try running it in a personal ad column, just for laffs.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Jacob

Hey Raz, that's a pretty big sig. Both are good, but maybe use the smaller font?

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on April 28, 2011, 01:18:26 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 28, 2011, 01:03:26 PM

I thought you'd want to keep me out of trouble. :P

:o  I forgot who I was talking to.

Change it to a coffee then. :hug:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Quote from: Jacob on April 28, 2011, 02:22:59 PM
Hey Raz, that's a pretty big sig. Both are good, but maybe use the smaller font?

The font seems smaller then normal to me.