News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mobtown, my Mobtown

Started by CountDeMoney, April 23, 2011, 02:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaCroix

Quote from: Martinus on April 27, 2011, 06:57:06 AMBut it is not a race thing either? So what is it?

it is just one of those things. like how poles shoveled their neighbor-jew into the oven while the good nordic folk did what they could to save theirs. sometimes unbearable standards of living turn potentially decent people into nasty subhuman freaks regardless of "race"

Slargos

Quote from: LaCroix on April 27, 2011, 07:37:22 AM
Quote from: Martinus on April 27, 2011, 06:57:06 AMBut it is not a race thing either? So what is it?

it is just one of those things. like how poles shoveled their neighbor-jew into the oven while the good nordic folk did what they could to save theirs. sometimes unbearable standards of living turn potentially decent people into nasty subhuman freaks regardless of "race"

Interesting. Was the Swedish living standard substantially higher than the Polish at the time?

HVC

Quote from: garbon on April 27, 2011, 07:32:17 AM
Is Marti trying on a new shtick to make himself even more repugnant?
probably read somewhere that black people hate gays :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

LaCroix

Quote from: Slargos on April 27, 2011, 07:39:18 AMInteresting. Was the Swedish living standard substantially higher than the Polish at the time?

are we talking just physically or can we include culture and national mindset?  :P

Slargos

Quote from: LaCroix on April 27, 2011, 07:43:16 AM
Quote from: Slargos on April 27, 2011, 07:39:18 AMInteresting. Was the Swedish living standard substantially higher than the Polish at the time?

are we talking just physically or can we include culture and national mindset?  :P

If you're going to argue that socio-economic status determines the level of violence and empathy in a society, you can't really talk about culture or some sort of elusive "national mindset" (whatever that is, do nations have minds?).

Also, I'd like you to point me to sources of the pogroms and genocides the Swedes perpetrated during the decades of famine and poverty that marked the end of the 19th century in Sweden.

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on April 27, 2011, 07:39:46 AM

He's blabbered about Reggae and their dislike of the semen demons.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 27, 2011, 07:51:35 AM
Quote from: HVC on April 27, 2011, 07:39:46 AM

He's blabbered about Reggae and their dislike of the semen demons.

Which is hardly new.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

No, I just think he is forgetting, as he sometimes does, that he is pretending to be a modern, western, liberal first-worlder, and revealing his true nature instead.  As pointed out earlier, he comes from a culture which is barely fifty years out of the Dark Ages.  Poland, after all, joined Hitler in invading and destroying Czechoslovakia in 1939, and was still murdering Jews in 1946.  The Russians tried to civilize them, but didn't have enough time.  That's the culture Marti comes from (and the fact that Poles as intolerant as himself loath people like him only makes the irony bite deeper).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Plus, he takes his causes up from podcasts and Perez Hilton.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Podcast people make me sick.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Doesn't matter.  You'll forget it in a few days & call him "boo" :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on April 27, 2011, 01:57:11 PM

I don't think him and I have a particularly friendly relationship here on Languish.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on April 27, 2011, 03:15:19 PM

I don't think him and I have a particularly friendly relationship here on Languish.

:perv: ?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on April 27, 2011, 03:22:56 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 27, 2011, 03:15:19 PM

:perv: ?

:boff: to you