And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 10, 2015, 03:48:41 PM
Quote from: Tamas on March 10, 2015, 06:30:37 AM
Between buying the expansions for Pathfinder, which is more complex than going with the cheapest source due to print-run differences, and moving to a new flat soon, it would be decidedly unwise financially to pull the trigger right now though.

You say that now, but 3 years from now when it's sold out and out of print, you could be very unhappy.

I think I am going to order it in the last moment for the pre-order price. It is crazy because I will be happy if I will have table space for one of the 2/3 maps, but there shall be a VASSAL module, so there is that.

Its going to end up as being the stupidest purchase this year I am sure, but the rules look good.  :Embarrass:

Tamas

I have pulled the trigger. Berkut and/or Habbaku should consider themselves challenged for PBEM in a month or so.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Tamas

Berkut

A friend brought that over the other day, we were looking at it.

Promising.

However...once again Compass Games shits themselves with the components though. They look like ass. Little helmets on the units? Looks like amateur hour.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on May 02, 2015, 08:05:31 PM

Promising.

However...once again Compass Games shits themselves with the components though. They look like ass. Little helmets on the units? Looks like amateur hour.

I have received the game already. Apparently, post from the States arrive earlier to UK than Hungary.

Now all I need is the VASSAL module to actually be able to play it. :P Although, one map might fit on my table, I shall check.

Tamas

Well indeed, one map, I can do.

Speaking of the map, I think its great: it goes highly for functionality, yet it looks good.

Habbaku

Mark Simonitch posted that he has finished his side of his new strategic ACW game.  Let's hope it doesn't suck.  Map is pretty good, as expected:

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

dps

Quote from: Habbaku on May 08, 2015, 03:42:36 PM
Map is pretty good, as expected:

Normally I value functionality over appearance, and it certainly seems functional and accurate enough, but that's a seriously ugly color scheme.

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on May 05, 2015, 11:34:42 AM

Promising.

I have received the game already. Apparently, post from the States arrive earlier to UK than Hungary.

Now all I need is the VASSAL module to actually be able to play it. :P Although, one map might fit on my table, I shall check.

Apparently the guy doing the VASSAL has bailed.

I am actually doing the CB module for it. All those counters are a pain in the ass! Gotta be an easier way...

Can you tell which of the counters might be markers, rather than counters?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on May 09, 2015, 12:50:56 AM
Quote from: Tamas on May 05, 2015, 11:34:42 AM

Promising.

Apparently the guy doing the VASSAL has bailed.

I am actually doing the CB module for it. All those counters are a pain in the ass! Gotta be an easier way...

Can you tell which of the counters might be markers, rather than counters?

VASSAL construction is under way again. I took over for a day, despite lacking experience :D But I asked the designer to keep looking for somebody who actually knows what he is doing, and we have found an experienced guy.

Progress on the module is already very advanced. All that left is fixing the hex grid on the map for logging purposes (works fine without it), and the scenarios.

I am not sure but I think anything with a white background can be classified as a marker.

Tamas

I started getting involved in the game's discussion over at Consimworld. Bad idea, jesus the people there.  :lol:

Habbaku

David Gray is one of the biggest trolls/morons on CSW. Avoid.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Looks like I'm gonna start the twins out wargaming this upcoming Memorial Day weekend.

Federation Commander might be simple enough for 7 year olds. They'll be disappointed there are no Tribbles to kill though.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive